Error information: " 500 error "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error information: " 500 error "

Back again. I'm new to vbulletin and I'm finding it to be the worst bulletin board I've ever used. That's saying something, since I've been using many different forums for many years. I feel like I've been time-warped back to the stone age.

Yesterday, trying to make a post, I was getting another incredibly [un]helpful error:

Error.png

I searched a few places and found that it may be related to the length of a message, so I tried posting in parts. That worked, although it resulted in it taking much longer to make the post than it otherwise would have taken.

Trying to make another post today, I encountered the same "Error information: " 500 error "" as well as Error information: " 400 error ".

It seemed to be unhappy with posting logs, so I tried posting them in parts. That didn't work, so I gave up and posted screen captures.

This is a technical forum. If flightradar24 wants people to contribute, it needs to provide a forum that allows people to contribute and ask questions without having to work around one stupid error after another.

Please fix this forum. We need to be able to post long messages, including lengthy exerpts from log files without encountering useless cryptic error messages.

Sorry for the rant, but we are in 2024, not 1984. There is no reason for this forum to be so difficult to use.

[Another problem is getting logged out while working on a post. This should not happen.]

This is a technical forum. If flightradar24 wants people to contribute, it needs to provide a forum that allows people to contribute and ask questions without having to work around one stupid error after another.
    They DON'T really want people to contribute. They've stated many times it is not their support method. Email is.

Check individual profiles and the last time visited/active stamps...

It was butchered in v3/4 with custom setting for user access and management and it's been broken and irreversible since. Only the 'admin' class can seemingly do anything.
    Even my 'mod' access sees 4 of about 20 menus it should and limits what can be done bar delete spam posts and ban/view banned users.

The 500 errors is a mix between some old/badly configured spam modules. And being hidden behind a CDN with I think an incorrect setup (lots of users show with internal IPs and not real ones which gets straight past a lot of the automatic registration blocks as it is)

Something in Their own app logs now gets picked up as raw Code and breaks the formatting/save process ad you've discovered
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X