Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The aircraft I fly and FR24?

Hi all,

Been using FR24 a long time now on both PC and android.

I have searched for the aircraft I fly (a C172, G-ROLY, out of EGNF) and the database it finds it several times but only shows one map display.

Can anyone explain why this is?

It has recently been fitted with a 430 and Mode S.

A reply from another forum I asked on stated that FR24 receivers may pick up standard mode s signals too?

Also is the standard filter of FR24 designed to not show anything other than large jets?

Regards
    Liam
    Last edited by Liam548; 2013-10-13, 23:07.
    PPL/Night/IMC ATPL(A) theory (In progress)

No filter, it just so happens that only large jets or a small number of private aircraft have the integrated GPS modules reporting positional data too.

Mode-S will only log an active registration, but has no idea where it is unless the transponder is reporting it.

No GPS integration = no position data to be able to show

You Cessna will only report its altitude, squawk and hexcode
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      No filter, it just so happens that only large jets or a small number of private aircraft have the integrated GPS modules reporting positional data too.

Mode-S will only log an active registration, but has no idea where it is unless the transponder is reporting it.

No GPS integration = no position data to be able to show

You Cessna will only report its altitude, squawk and hexcode
      Yes I understand that but do FR24 recievers also pick up mode s only? otherwise what causes it to be inputted on the map in the search function (if only an entry?)

Thanks
      Liam
      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-10-14, 10:11. Reason: Post approved, Speedbird

Comment

Would MLAT coverage help in this situation ?
        www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
          Would MLAT coverage help in this situation ?
          Maybe ... probably is it flies high enough to be seen by four F- radars doing MLAT...
          Then if it's findable would depend if FR24 has it in the databases to decode the hex code to registration.

Comment

The chance that we get stable MLAT below 5000 feet is very low. Maybe some individual points, but not a bigger area.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              Maybe ... probably is it flies high enough to be seen by four F- radars doing MLAT...
              Then if it's findable would depend if FR24 has it in the databases to decode the hex code to registration.
              Forgive me, MLAT?

Re the hex code surely FR24 does have it, type G-ROLY into the database search and if so how does it obtain such HEX code in the first place?
              Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-10-14, 15:03. Reason: Post approved, Speedbird

Comment

Originally posted by Liam548 View Post
                Forgive me, MLAT?

Re the hex code surely FR24 does have it, type G-ROLY into the database search and if so how does it obtain such HEX code in the first place?
                The Aircraft shows one MLAT plot 'GROLY seen @ 2013-09-29 11:38 UTC'

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

All about MLAT: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Flightradar24

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

It was less than 4000ft at the time. Will have to watch out for it on my next higher altitude flight

Comment

G-ROLYs transponder has a couple of issues at the moment but looks like we were picked up on our trip to Fife a couple of days ago at FL100. MLAT triangulation from FR24 receivers again I think...

Comment

I see you today at only 3300 feet using MLAT. Do you plan to add ADS-B to your Skyhawk?
                      Attached Files
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

The transponder needs some work intermittent mode c and even a today

Comment

Originally posted by Liam548 View Post
                          The transponder needs some work intermittent mode c and even a today
                          Replace it with one of these and you'll be all set! http://www.avidyne.com/products/axp340/index.asp
                          www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Its just had a brand new mode s garmin to go with the new 430 though that's the issue

Comment

Working...
                            X