Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another idea... how about data from maritime radars?

Are ships equipped with such radar equipment?

Comment

• Originally posted by delta View Post
      another idea... how about data from maritime radars?

I'm know practically zero about anything maritime but I have a feeling sea-going vessels are far more likely to use GPS/satellite based navigation and tracking equipment these days given the vastness of the oceans and the earth curvature etc. Just seems to make more sense that's all.

Could be wrong of course?
      Last edited by iazoniccc; 2014-03-18, 17:50.

Comment

another idea... how about data from maritime radars?

Yes, many ships do have ship RADAR. However the website that you linked to is not a ship's RADAR site. It gets its data from AIS broadcasts.

While having ships at sea keep a sharp watch on their RADAR sets was a great idea a week ago, if the plane made a water landing, it will have sunk by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by iazoniccc View Post
          I agree with both, but if the reason is that MH370 is there, it almost certainly landed there intentionally as per the satellite ping's.
          Almost certainly.

It's a short flight from the point where the plane lost VHF and transponder contact to many points in Indonesia. The only possible way that the plane could have remained aloft until the last satcom contact would be for it to have more fuel on board than anyone is admitting to. So unless someone at the Kuala Lampur FBO comes forward to lend credence to that theory, the best answer is that the plane landed. Since battery power is limited, the plane would have to have landed at a time when it had enough fuel remaining to run the engines or APU to provide power to the satcom radio and ACARS unit, or have landed at a place with either more fuel or ground power.

Comment

• Exactly one day/ 24h after disappearance is a similar incident shown on the following flight ma370 (Registration 9M-MRQ) at same place the other plane disappeared.
            to be seen at flightradar24 playback, set 2014- 03-08 and 17:00 UTC.
            Mark plane MAS370 just beyond Kuala Lumpur and see.
            The plane will zigzag and climb to 49000 feet at same location, for short time and then continue normal flight. Almost same strange behavior as the disappeared plane.
            Explanation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
              Yes, many ships do have ship RADAR. However the website that you linked to is not a ship's RADAR site. It gets its data from AIS broadcasts.

While having ships at sea keep a sharp watch on their RADAR sets was a great idea a week ago, if the plane made a water landing, it will have sunk by now.
              If such radar data was available (well historic data) then the point was for such data and times be cross checked with the data currently available and to see where the plane was last seen.

If anything to confirm the position from the last military radar point where the plane was seen, and then based on 2 position or more maybe one could get a better understanding where it went.

Comment

• Originally posted by coment View Post
                Exactly one day/ 24h after disappearance is a similar incident shown on the following flight ma370 (Registration 9M-MRQ) at same place the other plane disappeared.
                to be seen at flightradar24 playback, set 2014- 03-08 and 17:00 UTC.
                Mark plane MAS370 just beyond Kuala Lumpur and see.
                The plane will zigzag and climb to 49000 feet at same location, for short time and then continue normal flight. Almost same strange behavior as the disappeared plane.
                Explanation?
                Just looked at it - excellent question. Maybe all the passengers cancelled their tickets for the flight but they needed the equipment in Bejing for the return so they ran some tests on they way to see how much fuel they would burn taking it up that high?

Comment

• Discussed earlier, think its an anomaly where the plane crosses from Malaysian to Vietnam control.

Anyone familiar with FR24.com will know that the planes can do some pretty amazing things at times, apparently even in stable and well regulated European airspace.

A lot to do with the regularity of the signal (it is not absolutely constant) and the design of the software/prediction of the direction and heading of the plane.

Don't know about the altitude anomaly, but maybe everyone is making big assumptions about the climbing of the plane, based on a few minutes of data.

Comment

• An anomaly, just at the same place and showing same maneuvers as described for the disappeared plane, is very funny. I would check the flight data of Boeing 9M-MRQ, especially the transponder, if i were in a responsible position for investigation.

Comment

• Well is obvious with the tracking system turned off that we cannot really tell much more by looking at the flightradar24 playback...
                      however with military data from both Malaysia and Thailand they should be able to tell a bit more about where it was heading and how fast it was moving, combining that information with how much petrol the plane had they should work out a path and estimate location.

I also think other countries have information which they are not releasing to the public domain...

One last question can other airplanes detect another plane which may have such tracking systems turned off?
                      If such functionality is build in other aircrafts and if we have an estimate location then surely other planes could assist in position the location/travel direction/speed of the missing plane.

Comment

how much petrol the plane had they should work out a path and estimate location.

I also think other countries have information which they are not releasing to the public domain...
                        Just hope you meant aviation fuel rather than petrol

Yes, I am sure you are right. I rather doubt what is in the public domain is going to lead us to any conclusion, but what is not being said is likely to be far more significant.

Comment

• Playback for MH370 is now permanently pinned and won't be removed after 30 days.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
                          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                            Playback for MH370 is now permanently pinned and won't be removed after 30 days.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/pi...81a27/#2d81a27
                            Excellent (y)
                            I was wondering if I should record it for posterity

Comment

• Most plane crashes are the result of the Domino theory, where lots of
                              small failures add up to one big one.
                              I still think fire could have disabled the comms and incapacitated the pilots.
                              I don't think anyone can predict how a bunch of melted wiring would effect
                              a plane. Don't forget it was 01:30 AM. The pilots could have gone from
                              half asleep to sudden panic.
                              I still think there will be an AHAA moment when they find the black box and say
                              "Oh we didn't think THAT could happen" Chaos theory proves unpredictable results.
                              All this takeover and hijack theories are just a lit bit too James Bond and cloak and dagger for me.
                              Take out over 200 multinational people and you are going to hated and vilified the world over.

Comment

• A one-time terror-loving shoe bomber said Tuesday it was his nagging parents who convinced him to have a last-minute change of heart and pull out of shoe bomber Richard Reid’s failed bid to blow up…

i found this a couple days after the plane went missing. I'm not sure if anyone has posted something related to this. This article is about the shoe bomber. He was recently testifying in a trial for Osama's son in law. He stated , "he was left with only one shoe bomb because he gave his other one to a group of Malaysian men seeking to blow open a plane’s cockpit door and carry out a Sept. 11-style hijacking of their own." I think its unlikely a shoe bomb would be used to hijack the plane but i found it interesting this article surfaced around the same time the plane went missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X