This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jackflash View Post
    A search on google reveals Sorcha Faal to be an internet hoax queen who's real name is probably David Booth
    Where do these idiots get off on posting this rubbish? (Not you Jackflash).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackflash View Post
      A search on google reveals Sorcha Faal to be an internet hoax queen who's real name is probably David Booth
      That may be, I have never heard of "Sorcha Faal" or "David Booth" before, so please excuse my ignorance. I have now Googled those names and see what you mean.

But is everything in that article then wrong? Diego Garcia is certainly one of the few places that plane could land without it being seen publicly. There are certainly plenty of others asking questions about that island.

If nothing else, their radar data should be able to help the search in a big way.

Comment

• Originally posted by cretanrunner View Post
        Where do these idiots get off on posting this rubbish? (Not you Jackflash).
        Hi cretanrunner

No relation of Giorgios Psychoundatis - the Cretan Runner?

Regards

TerraFirma

Comment

• Originally posted by flightsherlock View Post
          Diego Garcia is certainly one of the few places that plane could land without it being seen publicly.
          I don't know about the natives, but there's a major US military base there! I'm pretty sure that a nation at war would notice if someone landed a known-missing airliner in their military air base!

Comment

• There has been a clarification regarding ACARS. It sent a message at 01:07 but failed to send the next scheduled message at 01:37. This comes from Malaysian Airlines.

This changes things completely because it is now possible that both systems failed simultaneously and after the last voice communications.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
              There has been a clarification regarding ACARS. It sent a message at 01:07 but failed to send the next scheduled message at 01:37. This comes from Malaysian Airlines.

This changes things completely because it is now possible that both systems failed simultaneously and after the last voice communications.
              Does it say how the ACARS data was sent? Inmarsat says that the satcom radio was working, so if ACARS quit while on VHF that could mean that the VHF radios failed. If ACARS quit while on satcom, that means that someone turned off the ACARS unit. IIRC that must be done outside of the cockpit. That would be a valuable clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
                Does it say how the ACARS data was sent? Inmarsat says that the satcom radio was working, so if ACARS quit while on VHF that could mean that the VHF radios failed. If ACARS quit while on satcom, that means that someone turned off the ACARS unit. IIRC that must be done outside of the cockpit. That would be a valuable clue.
                It doesn't say. But very few airlines use vhf for acars now.

Acars data can be turned off in the cockpit. The SATCOM can only be turned off in the e&e bay. But the only evidence that either the transponder and the acars was turned off was the time difference. If they both went off at the same time then the possibility of equipment failure reappears.

Comment

• Hi Terrafirma. No, no relation. But I believe he named himself after me............

Comment

• Exadios, so all this time everyone has been thinking the two systems were switched off because of the times, whereas in fact thy could have both gone dead at the same time. Would Malaysian Airlines be a reliable source on this specific point? Who does ACARS data get sent to?

Comment

• hi everyone, have you seen this? very interesting

Comment

• Has anything been made of the fact that at 17.22 on 2014/03/08 there was a sudden flight change to 40degrees from 25...as the plane disappeared from FR24?

Comment

• Originally posted by Exadios View Post
                          It doesn't say. But very few airlines use vhf for acars now.

Acars data can be turned off in the cockpit. The SATCOM can only be turned off in the e&e bay. But the only evidence that either the transponder and the acars was turned off was the time difference. If they both went off at the same time then the possibility of equipment failure reappears.
                          Ah, that's right...the SATCOM is the one you have to get up for; the ACARS can be controlled through the CMU. My bad.

So where are we now? The transponder went off just before the last radio transmission, but it could have just been put into standby. And there are no confirmed HF, VHF or satcom voice calls from the plane (one pilot reportedly tried to relay for Ho Chi Minh control and reported a faint voice, but that's not a positive ID), but again that could be because they chose to ignore the radios, or someone had a gun to their heads.

That pretty much rules out the early catastrophe theories. Explosive decompression is pretty much ruled out, as well as any explosion on board. No missile strike. No hypoxia. If it was fire, there would be charred wreckage littering the flight path and landing/crash site...wherever that might be. Electrical problems alone wouldn't account for the plane not heading for the nearest suitable landing strip for an emergency landing. I gotta say that air piracy (either crew or passenger) has to be it by process of elimination.

What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
                            I read this as meaning that switching off, or failure of, the satcom, would result in the ACARS stopping working too. So the two systems stopping is not evidence of deliberate human intervention.

Comment

• Originally posted by clivegil46 View Post
                              Has anything been made of the fact that at 17.22 on 2014/03/08 there was a sudden flight change to 40degrees from 25...as the plane disappeared from FR24?
                              I think you will find this is exactly as per flight plan. That flight does the same thing at that point every day.

Comment

• Hiding in the shadow

Originally posted by genc View Post
                                hi everyone, have you seen this? very interesting
                                http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68
                                Well this obvious is an unofficial new theory...hiding in the shadow of another plane at 30,000 feet.
                                Can it be done without being noticed as two planes on the radar? Could MH370 with the transponder and ACARS disabled, shadow plane SIA68 (starting from the straights of Malacca) headed for Spain on the same northern arc over India, Afghanistan, etc...? Then at some determined point leave SIA68's shadow and land somewhere fx. in Iran, or Russia undetected? Then could this plane be fitted with another transponder with another call sign for later use?

How soon would one of the pilots leave the cockpit?
                                Last edited by mcjensen; 2014-03-17, 17:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X