Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONRACH A300

Hi all,

Might sound mad but i recently booked a flight with Monarch and have just found out i will be on one of their A300 aircrafts. Now i am terrified of flying and after hearing that most of their fleet are pretty old and 2 out of the 3 A300's are due to be retired this year i am now even more scared! Just feel maybe they have over used them a bit since they were planned to be retired ages ago but Monarch have continued to use them since cancelling their order for other aircrafts.

Does anyone know what their safety record is like? Despite their age are they still a good aircraft as such?

Many Thanks

Originally posted by Gem666 View Post
    Hi all,

Might sound mad but i recently booked a flight with Monarch and have just found out i will be on one of their A300 aircrafts. Now i am terrified of flying and after hearing that most of their fleet are pretty old and 2 out of the 3 A300's are due to be retired this year i am now even more scared! Just feel maybe they have over used them a bit since they were planned to be retired ages ago but Monarch have continued to use them since cancelling their order for other aircrafts.

Does anyone know what their safety record is like? Despite their age are they still a good aircraft as such?

Many Thanks
    I was only able to find these articles;

The first doesnt do much for my confidence though.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-05-24, 15:01.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Working...
    X