Li-ion Battery not allow to be shipped by US Postal Air Parcel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Li-ion Battery not allow to be shipped by US Postal Air Parcel

I just paid through my nose on UPS shipment when I bought a BlackBerry Bold 9900 Li-ion battery with a USB extended charger.

The seller refused to ship by regular US Postal Service Air Parcel because it is NOT allowed.

But, the big irony is = Boeing B787 Dreamliner is using a BIG Li-ion Battery as its power supply source.

What have this world came to ?
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Theres a big difference between a contained battery in an electronically monitored and sealed environment vs being stored in a box with numerous other unknown items of combustable nature with the potential to catch fire or explode.

Same reason you have to separate batteries in carry on inside plastic bags so nothing can touch the contacts and short them.

Don't find it ironic at all.

Infact, the bigger irony. Is that the ones in the 787s. Are used to control the emergency fire and lighting system.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X