ERADUB* callsign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERADUB* callsign

Hi all... I've been searching the forum for this callsign but I've found nothing about. There are two locations in Europe, one at LEAS (Asturias Airport in Spain) and another one at EVRA (Riga Airport, Latvia). Callsigns are ERADUB* (ERADUBA, ERADUBB, ERADUBL, ERADUBR). What kind of installations are they? Riga seem to be a radar site, but spanish one is more like an old NDB beacon.

Thanks.
    Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

What do you mean by 'callsign'? Radiostations like aircraft and Air Traffic Control have callsigns. NDB beacons does not have callsigns. They have identifiers.
    From where do you have your information?

Comment

Ok, identifier is a more adequate term. You can see them here:

Comment

Well. Airports are installing ADS-B/MLAT systems for ground control use instead of ground radar. During the installation process test transmitters are used to verify the accuracy of the system. The transmitters are installed in surveyed places, but will most likely be removed once the system is functioning.
        I guess that it is the same company installing systems in the two airports you found and they are using similar identifiers for their transmitters.
        The Czech company ERA http://www.era.cz/technology/ads-b is a leading manufacture of such system, so it's probably them messing around.

Comment

Thanks Kpin. I see ERA has some WAM solutions (Wide Area Multilateration) which I know is working on LEAS airport. So that make sense.

Comment

Working...
          X