X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to FR24, new to RPI

Hi:

I have a bit of a beginner's question.

I've set up a raspberry pi and a DVB-T stick, and it is feeding to FR24 successfully. However, I'd like to collect the raw locations it is reporting (perhaps as a CSV file or similar) so I can make a visualisation of what is going on overhead. Could someone tell me what I should be doing?

Many thanks.

Welcome on board. Search is your friend: http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/download.aspx is one option

Comment

virtualradarserver will also add everything you see to a database which you can query for your own applications, this is with the database writer plugin.
      T-EGLF8

Comment

Go to h ttp://IP-ADDRESS:8754
        Click settings
        In the field "Process Arguments" type "--net --net-http-port 8080"
        Click save
        Restart the feeder (or just restart your Raspberry Pi)
        Now go to h ttp://IP-ADDRESS:8080 and enjoy a map of aircraft inside your reception range

Replace IP-ADDRESS in the above links with the IP address of your Raspberry Pi

Comment

Sorry, as a newbie I'm apparently not allowed to post links on this forum...
          I had to work around this by adding a space in the http bit of the links,
          I'm sure you understand what I was trying to say :-)

Comment

And thanks for doing so and not posting junk replies to raise the count

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Hi:

I have VRS working, and I can see what is overhead on a Google Map, but I want to save the locations in a database or CSV (every position report). I have tried netcast and wget, but both seem to suddenly and inexplicably stop after a while. VRS is creating a database, but that is for the first and last positions of planes, from what I can see - not every single position. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by wengraf View Post
                Hi:

VRS is creating a database, but that is for the first and last positions of planes, from what I can see - not every single position. What am I doing wrong?
                That's a great question and you're not doing anything wrong. There is talk of updating the VRS database writer plugin to record every data point or something more than first and last, but last I've heard it hasn't happened yet. VRS is open source code though so hopefully someone in the VRS community will come up with something soon. I think FR24 already figured that out but it's probably not open source code .

Comment

I do have the same question though. It shouldn't be that hard to log all the data returned from VRS (or dump1090) on a remote computer with a LAN connection to the Rpi with the ADS-B receiver but I don't know how to do it either.

Comment

It does not working

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
                    Go to h ttp://IP-ADDRESS:8754
                    Click settings
                    In the field "Process Arguments" type "--net --net-http-port 8080"
                    Click save
                    Restart the feeder (or just restart your Raspberry Pi)
                    Now go to h ttp://IP-ADDRESS:8080 and enjoy a map of aircraft inside your reception range

Replace IP-ADDRESS in the above links with the IP address of your Raspberry Pi
                    I did that and a box ask me my User and Password ?

Comment

Originally posted by jeanrobert View Post
                      I did that and a box ask me my User and Password ?
                      Error in extra line, or wrong IP and you have a second device with web port open already.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                      X