Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible store the data that I知 sharing with FR24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible store the data that I知 sharing with FR24?

Hello All,
    I知 feeding FR24 with my Raspberry Pi. Is there any way to store physically Raspberry Pi (in any format, txt, csv, etc) the data that I知 sharing with FR24 ?

Thanks,

Yes, see here for a MySQL option.
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

using that in place of the old ADSMysql now?

Mines still chugging along, but been able to find an updated version from Coupe in a while

Still cant work out how to get the search to link the registration to hex backwards :/
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I was but had two issues with running it on the RPi2. Firstly, trying to push the resultant SQL scripts into my remote server produced a backlog and never caught up so the server was running about three hours behind! Secondly when I hosted the SQL server on the RPi2 it consumed to much memory and couldn't realistically be used to server up the web pages. Good concept and locally for your own use it was OK once you get to understand how it's done but you'd need a separate SQL server and separate web server to make good use of it.
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

VRS has a database writer plugin you can find near the bottom of their download page:

A stand-alone .NET application that displays output from an SBS-1 ADS-B receiver on a Google Maps web page.

Comment

Here's an example of the VRS database viewer. It requires dump1090 on the RPi to be configured to serve data over the network (--net-http-port 8080 settings) VRS is installed on a client computer (not the RPi). The client computer logs the data and shows real time map data served from dump1090. With the database writer plugin you can view the flights for the last 24-48 hours. It is no FR24 playback but it's the easiest I've found to use so far and it's free.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X