Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running two feeds with the same account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running two feeds with the same account?

I would like to provide two feeds with the same account at the same location (north and south antennas)
    Can I just run simultaneously two feeds with the same data, or must I run a single feed and use something like s-mode mixer?
    Do I have something special to consider?

Need to feed one into the other and use that as a single source, yes.

Dump1090 has the ability to do this if you manually configure it outside of the FR24feed setup and then configure feed for AVR-TCP:30002

It can get quite resource hungry doing so.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Currently my Raspi is idle 94% of the time, the second feed would be on another Raspi, due to the distance between the recievers.
      You mean that the second one should only run DUMP 1090 and provide a UTF stream @ 30002 to the first one, which would merge the signals?
      Is that a resource hog?

Comment

Same FR24 feeder account or same radar code?
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Dump1090 outputs AVR on 30002 - what you configure FR24feed as the source data type/port for unit 1

It also listens on 30001 for AVR input, which you can then use the 2nd setup/device to send to using netcat

nc <device #2 IP> 30002 | nc <127.0.0.1/device #2 IP> 30001

As long as they are no more than a few meters appart location wise, it won't be an issue. But once you get a bit of distance it affects MLAT calculations

I think it’s fairly clear from my last project of ADSBpi, my main interest is to improve the reach of my ADS-B reception and plotting. Unfortunately, most of my monitoring areas are compromis…
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Can I have two radar codes with one account?
            With one sharing key?
            Can i apply for a second sharing key?

Comment

Nope, sharing keys are per-receiver (if not situated in the same house sort of thing)

You can apply for a 2nd if you are hosting 2 different sites by mailing in the details of the new GPS co-ords (this is used for both MLAT and error checking and filtering of bogus out-of-range data)

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                As long as they are no more than a few meters appart location wise, it won't be an issue. But once you get a bit of distance it affects MLAT calculations
                http://goughlui.com/2013/07/16/incre...with-dump1090/
                Thank you, I just want to combine two sides of a building, since i have no access to the roof.
                If I had a buddy better located about 100m away, would it matter for MLAT?

Comment

Any sort of mixing of data from multiple receivers can affect MLAT. First of all, dump1090 MLAT timestamp is calculated based on binary stream offset as it comes via USB to your computer. If you mix data, it will either lack timestamps or it will have timestamps jumping up and down, and your station's time offset/drift will never be calculated properly => MLAT will be disabled for your station.

Does a 100m matter is a different question, and the answer is both yes and no. Time precision of the current DVBT/SDR implementation is 500ns at most. Add some drift and nonlinearity it will give you error of about 200m to begin with...

Comment

I currently have both building sides running and online. My range stats increased.
                    Previously I had a range from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, now I have Brussels and Luxemburg as well.

Comment

@RING67630.......how did you do this?? I want to do the same thing. Did you register a second share code of did you get the second receiver to feed the first one?? And details on how you set it up would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        Nope, sharing keys are per-receiver (if not situated in the same house sort of thing)

You can apply for a 2nd if you are hosting 2 different sites by mailing in the details of the new GPS co-ords (this is used for both MLAT and error checking and filtering of bogus out-of-range data)
                        Hi...

I have found this old post on the topic about having 2 sites linked to the same account. I would be interested as I already have 1 in France and I could add one in Mexico.
                        What is the exact procedure to add a new PI receiver to the same account ?

Thx for the help...

Comment

Just run the signup process (sudo fr24feed --signup) and specify your email address.

You should automatically get a second share key.

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                            Just run the signup process (sudo fr24feed --signup) and specify your email address.

You should automatically get a second share key.
                            OK Cool Thx. I'll do when in the correct location

Comment

Working...
                            X