Trying to feed to flightradar error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to feed to flightradar error

Hello I am trying to feed to flightradar but cant get past the sudo bash command? Any fixes? At the end I get an error.

Thanks

sudo bash -c "$(wget -O -

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

You have not said what platform and method you are using to install.

As there is a debian file for easy install, and on Pi a single command.

What you have there appears incomplete
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I suppose, you were too lazy to post the full bash line weren't you?

If you hat entered the full line, then I had the same error tryong to install the raspi-version. The servers seem to issue a 403-Forbidden error.

I have used the manual install described alternatively. It worked like a charm.

Comment

People with less than 4 posts are restricted from posting links, which is the next block of the wget command. That may be why he didn't post the full...

Comment

OK, then my apology. He did post the full line but the forum software did cut his line. I did not know that.

Comment

Yeah it would not let me post the full line. I am on a pi running the flightaware image trying to fun the sudo bash -c "$(wget -O -... it worked fine on my first pi device but is not working as well on the second one

Comment

Did you try the manual variant?
              That one worked for me.

Comment

Hi, i'm building a new Pi system and I'm getting the same error when I try to donwload the FR24FEEDER program!

Err http://raspberrypi.collabora.com wheezy/rpi armhf Packages
                403 Forbidden

This is probably the error that he's having too!
                T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

It's because Wheezy is no longer supported. Need to upgrade to Jessie. In the meantime, you can remove the collabora sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d to get rid of the error...

Comment

Originally posted by KK6LDW View Post
                    It's because Wheezy is no longer supported. Need to upgrade to Jessie. In the meantime, you can remove the collabora sources file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d to get rid of the error...
                    Yes, I realised this! But, the problem is that I need the Wheezy because I use a TFT TouchScreen and the drivers need the Wheezy! I went to this /etc/apt/sources.list.d, but I just found two "links" onde for the raspberry repo and other to the FR24FEEDER! No Collabora source...
                    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Is it listed in the main /etc/apt/sources.list file?

Comment

Originally posted by KK6LDW View Post
                        Is it listed in the main /etc/apt/sources.list file?
                        No!

Just this two:
                        deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
                        deb http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 raspberrypi-stable
                        T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Ouch! the FR24 programmers weren't very smart, were they?
                          Forcing their users to run Jessie isn't nice either, it's a lot of work to rebuilt a system that must not be dedicated to FR24.

Comment

Wouldnt trust that. Mine has the beta url and is ignored. Seems buried more.

Shall check my pi shortly
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I'm running wheezy still.. No issue updating.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install fr24feed
                              Reading package lists... Done
                              Building dependency tree
                              Reading state information... Done
                              The following packages will be upgraded:
                              fr24feed
                              1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
                              Need to get 490 kB of archives.
                              After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
                              Get:1 http://repo.feed.flightradar24.com/ flightradar24/raspberrypi-beta fr24feed armhf 1.0.18-5 [490 kB]
                              Fetched 490 kB in 2s (222 kB/s)
                              (Reading database ... 85310 files and directories currently installed.)
                              Preparing to replace fr24feed 1.0.18-4 (using .../fr24feed_1.0.18-5_armhf.deb) ...
                              [ ok ] Stopping FR24 feeder: fr24feed.
                              Unpacking replacement fr24feed ...
                              Setting up fr24feed (1.0.18-5) ...

And for once it actually looked at the beta link not the stable. Hrm, perhaps I didnt update after changing.

Standby for stable check

Comment

Working...
                              X