Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb support MLAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does fr24feed_1.0.18-5_i386.deb support MLAT?

...or am I doing something wrong?

Running it with the bundled mr-dump1090 as the bundled dump1090 doesn't have an "--mlat" flag. Seeing plenty of MLAT running messages, but the log file is full of "[mlat][i]Stats 0/0".

Thanks.

Same issue here. Was running fine until midweek, then my stats for aircraft cut in half. Checked the logs and same problem...

Comment

Hi, not sure if it's the same problem - this version (18-5) for linux was released on Friday. Equi posted in this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...tware-1-0-18-4 that there's MLAT support, but the thread's been locked so I couldn't ask there...

Comment

Volunteer MLAT will only be used if the following conditions are met:
        1) There aren't enough FR24 receivers seeing the target => high precision MLAT solution can't be calculated.
        2) There are at least 4 receivers, in total, seeing the same aircraft.
        3) There is at least one FR24 receiver seeing the aircraft and/or seeing other shared ADS-B aircraft so that timestamp offset + drift can be calculated.

Additionally, at this moment only the following receivers are supported in volunteer MLAT:
        1 - DVBT/SDR
        2 - ModeS Beast, must provide 12MHz timestamps
        3 - Radarcape

Comment

The beast does it? ooooh. From windows client also? Mine should be helpful if thats the case
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yes, Windows client will support MLAT with ModeS Beast when new version is deployed, hopefully later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by elljay View Post
              Running it with the bundled mr-dump1090 as the bundled dump1090 doesn't have an "--mlat" flag.
              Thanks, this is something we might have missed. Will update the bundled dump1090 and release a new version soon, possibly today.

Comment

Thanks piopawlu

Comment

Working...
                X