No announcement yet.

Different ADSB-S modes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment I see no feed from T-LSZH76 - but this morning (local time) I saw a feed T-LSZH101 - in the region of Zurich the number of feeders seems to boom ;-)

Update: There are two a/c now - I don't think it's a real ADSB feed - the distance between is about 150km

Last edited by Rod; 2016-02-29, 12:31.
    Best regards,
    Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
      At the moment I see no feed from T-LSZH76 - but this morning (local time) I saw a feed T-LSZH101 - in the region of Zurich the number of feeders seems to boom ;-)

Update: There are two a/c now - I don't think it's a real ADSB feed - the distance between is about 150km
      You haven't said what your radar i.d. is. You can go into the forum settings and set it as your location.
      The image you posted really doesn't have any information in it. Confused about what you are asking or stating.

Comment

If you think someone is cross feeding mlat data to FR24 you can use the filters to show just that feeder. Usually they will show up with multiple a/c in a given area most of the time and very few a/c's will be sourced from MLAT radars. This is a typical example of a serious mlat leaker I just screen grabbed a couple of minutes ago:
        Attached Files

Comment

One more example of proof of mlat leaks is screen shots like these. I took them a few seconds apart and the VRS screen shot of my live receiver was grabbed at the same time. The tail number that was on my receiver is outlined in red. No aircraft land in parallel at KSFO so there was a timing conflict between the two feeds due to mlat leaks. I have good signal strength to SFO and often see a/c on the ground so it's not a signal issue. Also, the range of some these bay area feeders is not believable since it is in a valley surrounded by mountains.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-03-05, 07:26. Reason: Obscured distance data in VRS screen shot.

Comment

If I had 2 choices.

See nothing (or a heck of a lot less) because there is not enough actual FR24 feed MLAT cover in an area. (but there is for display on Flightaware)

Or seeing a target on the FR24 screen incorrectly attributed to a non MLAT source as it has been calculated elsewhere and positioned.

I know what I would be preferring.

Think about it.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              If I had 2 choices.

See nothing (or a heck of a lot less) because there is not enough actual FR24 feed MLAT cover in an area. (but there is for display on Flightaware)

Or seeing a target on the FR24 screen incorrectly attributed to a non MLAT source as it has been calculated elsewhere and positioned.

I know what I would be preferring.

Think about it.
              Would rather see more MLAT sourced radars and be rid of the GIGO sources. The KSFO area has more than enough F- feeders to resolve MLAT accurately but the T- MLAT leakers are virtually blocking that. If all the T- MLAT leakers went dark in my area, it would be a much better experience IMHO. .

Comment

Working...
              X