Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to update a Raspberry Pi to the latest fr24feed beta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to update a Raspberry Pi to the latest fr24feed beta.

Is there a way to update a Pi to the latest fr24feed beta without a complete re-install that requires re-entering all data such as position, email, share key etc?
    TIA

You should really have put this in the existing sticky helper thread..

The last 4 or so versions have an automatic script to do so when one is released by checking every day.

But same as generic linux commands.

sudo apt-get upgrade fr24feed
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks Oblivion. I searched the stickies and I'm sure the posts are there, but they are buried deep and hard to find with a search.

Comment

threadsearch.jpg

Produced 2 hits.

We are happy to announce public beta testing phase of MLAT based on Raspberry Pi receivers. If you would like to participate, please make sure you have the following: Raspberry Pi B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 DVB-T USB receiver with antenna Fairly good location to install the antenna Local tests were performed on RPi B+ and RPi2

We are happy to announce public beta testing phase of MLAT based on Raspberry Pi receivers. If you would like to participate, please make sure you have the following: Raspberry Pi B+ or Raspberry Pi 2 DVB-T USB receiver with antenna Fairly good location to install the antenna Local tests were performed on RPi B+ and RPi2

The latter indicating you can tell the latest versions from the http://feed.flightradar24.com top level
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

But to clarify, this only works if you the software list first.

sudo apt-get update

And command I gave upgrades all packages (fr24feed ignored)

To specifically target fr24feed I beleive its

sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade fr24feed

Comment

I'm not sure if that worked. Port 8754 shows:

ac_map_size="3072"
            build_arch="armv7l"
            build_flavour="generic"
            build_os="Linux"
            build_revision="master-d6572f3.git"
            build_timetamp="20151214-1410"
            build_version="1.0.16-7"

The first attempt generated some 404 errors but completed ok. I tried your second post after the first and it ended with "nothing to update". Is that beta up to date? TIA .

Edit: Stand by, retrying with "sudo apt-get update" first .
            Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-02-28, 04:56.

Comment

After a couple of painful hours trying to update my Pi to the latest fr24feed I'm still getting this:

ac_map_size="3072"
              build_arch="armv7l"
              build_flavour="generic"
              build_os="Linux"
              build_revision="HEAD-796dd01.git"
              build_timetamp="20160128-1017"
              build_version="1.0.16-11"

Is that the latest version or should I spend another hour updating the Pi?
              BTW, I'm just glad it hasn't crashed completely yet as it's headless connection via wifi at the base of the antenna .
              But it was disappointing that it doesn't appear to be the latest beta yet after all that updating.
              Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-02-28, 08:27.

Comment

Perhaps you should click the link I gave earlier...

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  Perhaps you should click the link I gave earlier...

http://feed.flightradar24.com/
                  In other words completely start over? That's probably the quickest way since updates don't seem to work. But now I wonder about all those updates that didn't seem to help much and wonder if I should rezap the entire Pi.

Comment

No, it answered your question right there.

Latest version is 1.0.16-11 (2016.01.28)

You can still download just binaries (deb, tgz), though it's highly recommended to use APT.

Latest BETA version is 1.0.17-7 (2016-02-25)

Comment

The beta is now a separate stream, and needs to be done fully manually per the old method. But not suggested if you want stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        No, it answered your question right there.
                        Ok cool. It took a lot of patience to get that. The updates were so slow that I looked the pi up on my router to make sure it was still active.

But now it's taking over 20 minutes to shut down after I issued "sudo service fr24feed stop". a lot of the lines has an [mlat] parameter
                        Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-02-28, 08:57.

Comment

Working...
                        X