Raspberry Pi with LCD TouchScreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi with LCD TouchScreen

Hi everyone, i'm from Brazil, and just started feeding (one week today) with my Pi! Looking on the internet i saw on youtube a video of guy that put a TouchScreen LCD shield in the raspberry, then he turned the power on and the screen first showed the boot and after the flights that the antennas was receiving! And in the description, he says that he was feeding to FR24! So, now my question, how he did this with the flights in the LCD? I don't know if i'm allowed to put the link of the video here because this is my first post! But, the name of the video is "ADB-S / DVB-T/ RASPBERRY PI/ Flight Radar Tracker/ 2014", someone know how to do this? Thanks a lot!
    T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

in your pc browser type ip of your rpi and port 8080 eg. 192.168.1.50:8080
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

First, thank you for the fast answer Amper! But, i tryed this and got the error of the page not found! My login is 192.168.1.107 and if i put the ":8754" i'm able to see the "Flightradar24 Feeder/Decoder" but if i put the ":8080" i got the page not found error! What's wrong? Thank you!
      T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Dump is not running. Can you please tell me what does it say on 192.168.1.107:8754 under "Receiver:"
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Amper, i'm so sorry! I think i forgot to install the Dump1090! But now, after following the steps in the ABCD567 topic about how to install and setup I'm able to see the map and flights in the Dump1090! About your question, it's saying "Receiver: dvbt, Connected", but this is since i first installed just the FR24feeder program! I got a question now, after running the Dump in the port :8080 i'm able to see 2 planes in the map, but in the port :8754 i see 0 planes tracked! Something that i changed and now the fr24 program are not receiving the planes? And finally, now, to do like the guy in the video, how i show the stats of the planes in the LCD of the RPI? Thank you again!

EDIT:
          Maybe I did something wrong now? I was thinking here, because I first downloaded the Pi24 image in the "built-your-own" page, then after I did all the steps like the page, create the image in the SD and put into the Pi! After i did the configuration by the "sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - ht tp://repo.feed.flightradar24.co m/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"" command! After this I was able to feed data and see the planes in the 8754 port and some in the FR24 page to with my radar! Everything was doing good, but now, after installing the Dump1090-mutuality like the post of ABCD567 explained, this happened! I'm able to see lots of planes in the Dump by the port :8080 but not seeing any in the port :8754 and not feeding to! Sorry for the long post!

EDIT 2:
          Sorry come again, but i'm trying here and after think, i made again the command "sudo bash -c "$(wget -O - ht tp://repo.feed.flightradar24.co m/install_fr24_rpi.sh)"" and did all the configuration again with my sharing key and Lat, long and altitude! Then he asked me that he found already the dump1090 running and if I wanted to use the autoconfiguration mode! I choosed yes and he finished! Now i'm able to see planes again in the FR24 port :8754! And about your question, now the receiver is this one "Receiver: avr-tcp, Connected"! So, as far as i can see, everything are running good right? So, just one last doubt, about how to show the stats in the PI LCD! Thank you so much!
          Last edited by dudesjp; 2016-02-11, 23:53.
          T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Hi everyone, after looking in the web I found a page with a image of the Raspian with all the drivers to the LCD work! So now i'm able to feed data and see the planes "live" in the TFT Screen! Thank you Amper for your help, and if you want close this topic, its ok!

12714114_10201351657668928_1572822037_n.jpg
            ^The system working just fine!^
            T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

@dudesjp can you describe the setup you have here in more detail?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 41south View Post
                @dudesjp can you describe the setup you have here in more detail?

Thanks
                Hey 41south! Sure! After looked almost all webpage about, I found this one -
                Code:
                www.diyhacking.com/raspberry-pi-touchscreen-lcd-tutorial
                - wich in my case was the perfect one, because i'm using a Pi B+ and a Wave Share 3.2" TFT Screen! In this page you'll find a image of the Raspbian OS with all the drivers and configurations to the LCD work properly! You just need to download, write in a SD card as the tutorial says and then put into your PI! After you download the FR24FEEDER and the DUMP1090! The OS come with a internet browser, so i just put into the FR24FEEDER page! The system come with a screensaver that turn off the LCD after some minutes! What it's great!
                Last edited by dudesjp; 2016-02-22, 23:23.
                T-SBCT5/T-SBCT6

Comment

Thanks heaps

Comment

Great Post just ordered a screen from ebay cant wait for it to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                    X