Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do when moving my feeder to a new location

Team FR24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam26K View Post
    Since there is no follow up to my above question, I consider it unresolved for now .
    No, you can't do that by changing any config files on your pi. You can on the other hand re-register i.e. run the signup command again.
    --

First officer
    Ok, thanks reply. I was hoping it was stored in the fr24feed config files. Would be a "nice to have" if possible.
    eg: a moving receiver with dynamic coordinates as on a ship at sea.

Yes. Is there a way to manually update the coordinates with the pi's configuration files to insure that FR24 always has accurate coordinates on re-connection?
    You can run the sign up process again and update the coordinates in that way.
    Or another option is to send your new coordinates to support@fr24.com and your coordinates will be updated.
    Flightradar24.com Support

Ok, thanks reply. I was hoping it was stored in the fr24feed config files. Would be a "nice to have" if possible.
    Thank you for your feedback. I think it's a good idea for future improvement.
    Flightradar24.com Support

Team FR24
    Yeah that's actually good idea to have dynamic coordinates for those who are always on the move.
    --

First officer
    It would be nice to link that to a gps receiver local to the feeder for more accurate feeder location for MLAT calcs too .

Passenger
    Anybody knows if this configuration (a moving FR24 feeder) has been made possible without polluting FR24's database with inconsistent users' position data?

I'm thinking of me occasionally crossing the Medirranean Sea on a ferry with a Pi24 kit on board.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by r_inzerillo View Post
    I'm thinking of me occasionally crossing the Medirranean Sea on a ferry with a Pi24 kit on board.
    Just turn off MLAT. For the ADS-B positions it doesn't really matter where the receiver is.

First officer
    Too bad this has not happened yet. MLAT would work much better if the user's feeder coordinates were from a GPS chip instead of user input, I know a lot of people's feeds have their exact coordinates wrong when I see planes zipping around erratically.
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2019-02-02 at 22:02.