Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when moving my feeder to a new location

Hello

I'm wondering what I need to do when I have re-located my feeder, we have moved from southern France to northern Denmark (Sealand) - do I need to do anything? (it's my own Pi2 + dvb-t stick running the fr24 sw).

regards
    Henrik

I think you should run FR24 setup again with new position. With old position you could have problem regarding range. I don't think planes will be excepted as the range is limited by FR24. Range from France to Denmark sounds impossible
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by henry64 View Post
      Hello

I'm wondering what I need to do when I have re-located my feeder, we have moved from southern France to northern Denmark (Sealand) - do I need to do anything? (it's my own Pi2 + dvb-t stick running the fr24 sw).

regards
      Henrik
      Hello henry64,

Please send your new coordinates to support@fr24.com and your coordinates will be updated
      --

Comment

Okay, done, so it's not needed to update anything in the feeders? (not participating in MLAT)

Comment

Originally posted by henry64 View Post
          Okay, done, so it's not needed to update anything in the feeders? (not participating in MLAT)
          No, you don't need to do anything else.
          --

Comment

I'm also planning to move my Rpi/antenna/feeder about 20KM to improve reception. Just to be clear, the best/official procedure if I wanted to update my location is to just e-mail the coordinates? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Adriaan25 View Post
              I'm also planning to move my Rpi/antenna/feeder about 20KM to improve reception. Just to be clear, the best/official procedure if I wanted to update my location is to just e-mail the coordinates? Thanks!
              Glad to know that email method works too.

But I have a similar question, how do you set coordinates manually with the actual pi settings?

Comment

@Adriaan25: Yes, just send your updated coordinates in decimal format to support@fr24.com and that's it.

@Sam26K: From manually you mean updating them yourself after moving?
                --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
                  @Sam26K: From manually you mean updating them yourself after moving?
                  Yes. Is there a way to manually update the coordinates with the pi's configuration files to insure that FR24 always has accurate coordinates on re-connection?

Comment

Since there is no follow up to my above question, I consider it unresolved for now .
                    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-02-15, 00:24. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
                      Since there is no follow up to my above question, I consider it unresolved for now .
                      No, you can't do that by changing any config files on your pi. You can on the other hand re-register i.e. run the signup command again.
                      --

Comment

Ok, thanks reply. I was hoping it was stored in the fr24feed config files. Would be a "nice to have" if possible.
                        eg: a moving receiver with dynamic coordinates as on a ship at sea.

Comment

Yes. Is there a way to manually update the coordinates with the pi's configuration files to insure that FR24 always has accurate coordinates on re-connection?
                          You can run the sign up process again and update the coordinates in that way.
                          Or another option is to send your new coordinates to support@fr24.com and your coordinates will be updated.
                          Flightradar24.com Support

Comment

Ok, thanks reply. I was hoping it was stored in the fr24feed config files. Would be a "nice to have" if possible.
                            Thank you for your feedback. I think it's a good idea for future improvement.
                            Flightradar24.com Support

Comment

Yeah that's actually good idea to have dynamic coordinates for those who are always on the move.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X