Are ADS-B OUT equipped VFR aircraft visible on FlightRadar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are ADS-B OUT equipped VFR aircraft visible on FlightRadar24

Are 1090ES ADS-B OUT equipped aircraft flying VFR without a flight plan visible on flightradar24 while airborne? Is this data archived so that you can look up this data by tail number?

If not, this would be a VERY useful feature, eliminating the necessity for a lot of pilots investing in SPOT or DeLorme tracking devices.

I'm pretty sure... all ADS-B does afaik is transmit lat/lon, FL, speed and TN?. same thing as mode S transponder except it sends out just more than a squawk code.

Comment

ADSB-B transponders do not change their behaviour if IFR, VFR or on a flight plan!

VFR ADSB aircraft are visible on FR24, and there does seem to be some history, but not as detailed as what FlightAware give. Unfortunately FlightAware only gives this info if the aircraft was on a flight plan.

I am also looking to be able to get history on VFR no flight plan ADSB data. mikeschumann, I'd be really interested if you find a solution. I am looking at creating my own system, but it seems fraught with tech problems.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeschumann View Post
        Are 1090ES ADS-B OUT equipped aircraft flying VFR without a flight plan visible on flightradar24 while airborne? Is this data archived so that you can look up this data by tail number?

If not, this would be a VERY useful feature, eliminating the necessity for a lot of pilots investing in SPOT or DeLorme tracking devices.
        Yes this works very well! I invite you to put an alert on OY-BTY, a Piper PA32R. Weather permitting it will fly tomorrow, Thursday.
        It also flew Sunday (low VFR, no flightplan) Monday FL60 IFR on flightplan) and Tuesday (FL50 IFR on flightplan) this week so you can find the archived flight history too.

Comment

I just flew from KMLB to KAPF yesterday (3/24/16) in my new Phoenix Motorglider (reg number N541MN). This aircraft is ADS-B OUT equipped (1090ES). I was flying at 9,500 ft for much of the flight. However, when I search flightradar24 with my tail number, the aircraft is not recognized. What do I have to do to make my flight traces visible?

Comment

Is this correct? see the picture
            glider.jpg
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Yes. The aircraft is still registered to the dealer. I am the new owner, and the paperwork hasn't been processed yet.

Comment

There you go U-15.jpg

I had to add your aircraft to database.

Can you please post your aircraft date of manufacture here.
                Last edited by Amper; 2016-03-26, 06:39.

Comment

Any word on when playback will come back? Mike's past flights might be buried in those archives .

Comment

You can playback single plane/flight by searching here https://www.flightradar24.com/data
                    Mike's playback https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...n541mn#934ca5e

Comment

Nice that you captured that flight, Amper, but I was referring to that 'global playback' button on the far right bottom on the UI where one was able to play back every flight in the world for the last 48 hours or so. It's still disabled in my UI. Any word on when that will work again? TIA .

Comment

Hes already posted on the webpage issue threads they hope to target next week after the holiday weekend.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The aircraft was manufactured in 2015. The owner name should be changed to Michael Schumann.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                          X