Unusual flight around Darwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual flight around Darwin

Can anybody hazard a guess what this A340-300, apparently owned by Airbus, might be doing around Darwin/Kununurra?
    A340a.jpg

Perhaps it's the middle of the wet season with frequent thunderstorms.

Have a look at Sydney at the moment at the chaos caused by an afternoon thunderstorm. Lots of missed approaches and diversions.

Comment

Urg. Is it still under test reg assigned to the transponder in error I wonder.

Could also be doing heat tests, like the 787s did

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Urg. Is it still under test reg assigned to the transponder in error I wonder.

Could also be doing heat tests, like the 787s did

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Yeah hot weather testing was my first thought too. But on an A340 that they no longer build? Could be testing components for a newer model I guess. Then as you suggest it may not even belong to Airbus or even be an A340 if the transponder data is dodgy.

Comment

Not sure how accurate it is, but if so the reg still seems to relate to the 001 chassis which is now an engine test platform it seems.

Used for AWIATOR program. Used for Trent 500 & 900 engine tests. Used for CFM 56-5C/P engine test.
          Active

They got something else in the works?
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It's taken off again today for another 5 hour session Darwin to Darwin and did the same thing on Wednesday. I think this article might have something to do with it:

Its recent flight history on FA shows that this aircraft was at Tarbes, near Toulouse in late December before proceeding to Darwin via Kuala Lumpur on 11 January.

Comment

Working...
            X