Newbie: Configuration and live status questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie: Configuration and live status questions

Hi, I am completely new to this. I have purchased SDR stick from Amazon: NooElec NESDR Mini 2 SDR & DVB-T USB Stick (RTL2832 + R820T2)

I have installed and configured FR24FEED on my Windows 10 machine.

I have three questions:
    * My receiver type is DVBT right (configuration step 4)?
    * Is it possible to configure FR24FEED to also provide data to Virtual Radar Server running on the same box?
    * Is there a nice graphical view where I can see the planes that my receiver is currently tracking? I know that there is TRACKED.HTML but I would prefer something that is constantly being updated and it would be nice to have a graphical view.

Thanks,
    David.

Yes to all.

The thing to check for is during startup if you see where it launches dump1090 if the lines "--net" is included. If not, add this to the additional commands line in the config page http://localhost:8754
    When you have this done properly you will see passed when you restart it, there should also be additional lines indicating server port open and listening on 30002 also

There is a configuration example in the setup guide -

Please go to Tools-*>Options menu, then select Receivers from the tree view on the left
    and configure the connection as follows:
    Data source: AVR or Beast Raw Feed
    Connection type: Network
    Reconnect at startup: yes
    Address: localhost (when running FR24 decoder on the same machine) or IP address of
    the computer running FR24 decoder.
    Port: 30002
    Then select “Tools-*>Reconnect to Data Feed-*>Receiver” to activate data flow.
    Graphical: That is what virtual radar server is for. Or you can use the onboard version
    This requires a further line if http://localhost:8080 is not reachable once --net is added of "--net-http-port 8080" or other port number that does not conflict.

Other Dump190 commands can be found here
    Using a Raspberry Pi and low-cost TV receiver dongle to decode aircraft positions from ADS-B broadcasts.

There are also working examples in the 2 existing feeder threads. Although long they are full of info and tips.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you. With the extra "--net" I was able to get Virtual Radar Server working.

Would you please be able to elaborate on "Or you can use the onboard version". What is this?

Is there some view on FlightRadar24 that shows my statistics (total number of aircrafts uploaded, current number of tracking airplanes, last sync, etc.)?

Can you also provide links to "the 2 existing feeder threads"?

Thanks again. It now works.

Comment

One cross platform thread
        In efforts to improve data quality we have decided that we need to unify the decoding software on all our platforms and receivers. We've suffered from bad data for a long time and I think every one has seen an aircraft jumping or being shown where they weren't supposed to be. Benefits: - You don't need to run separate

The other is for raspberry pi but the other commands and examples work similarly

When I refer to onboard, the software (dump1090) used to connect to the stick has a built in webpage on port 8080 when enabled. But requires above http port line to activate if not present.

Log into the web page with the same credentials used during setup for stats
        The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Clicking on your feed gives more info
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
        X