When will Raspberry Pi MLAT be back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Raspberry Pi MLAT be back?

I invested in this thingy with the sole purpose of lowering the MLAT min altitude in my area.

Havn't seen T-MLAT6 or T-MLAT7 for over a month now.

Today FR24 again announced in their blog that you can set up a Raspberry Pi and contribute to MLAT...
    But it's still not true. will it ever be?

✈ Take a closer look at New Flightradar24 Receivers for the First Two Weeks of January 2016, learn more about flight tracking and get the latest aviation news with Flightradar24.

Comment

Perhaps they have integrated the RPi feeds into the mainstream. Perhaps MLAT6 and MLAT7 were only used for the testing phase.

Comment

I'd assumed it was working, but perhaps this would explain why my logs always read;

[mlat][i]Pinging the server
        [mlat][i]Stats 0/0

I pick up plenty of non ADS-B traffic in my area but no local MLAT traffic ever appears on fr24

Comment

I'd like to add Pi and MLAT, but the lack of status updates from the developers here is strange. Guess we'll have to wait.
          F-KDAG1

Comment

Sorry guys, didn't mean to keep you in the dark. We have had problems handling the volume of data from our Pi MLAT network, so we had to do some major optimization.
            It is pretty much done now, but not quite ready for release yet.

Please still add your Pi, we will still use your ADS-B data, and really really soon also use it for MLAT calculations.

Thanks!
            Olov

Comment

Can we expect a Linux (not rPI) MLAT Feeder Client soon?
              Regards,
              T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
              Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

Working...
              X