Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows - did a quick restart - 10 minutes - stats show over an hour missing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows - did a quick restart - 10 minutes - stats show over an hour missing!

Hi,

I rebooted my Windows machine. It took at most 10 minutes.
    fr24feed was working before the restart and right after (it starts automatically).
    However, the stats on my account show that I've been online until 15:34, and offline until 16:50 - that's 1 hour 20 minutes, when I was offline at most for 10 minutes.

Any idea what happened here?

Thanks,

Adi

Like this perchance.. http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...3988#post73988
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      I don't think it's the same thing. It's actually showing this huge gap in the time bar.

gap.PNG

It also affects my uptime:
      Uptime (as % of available time): 93.6%

What can I say, I'm a perfectionist - I'm trying to achieve the highest uptime possible, considering this is a Windows 10 machine... It's a shame that a short reboot has this effect :-(

Comment

Actually, I was wrong... I don't understand how it happened, but I see in VRS the same downtime. fr24feed must have stopped working an hour before I restarted the machine.

Did I already say I hate Windows 10?

Comment

Windows was never designed to run 24/7
          Regards,
          T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

Windows 10 is especially bad :-(

Comment

I don't trust the statistics. I know my receiver does normally maximum around 220-230nmi (sometimes more). I have a pretty clear horizon view, but my antenna is only at 6-8 meters (don't want a big antenna next to my house) so i guess this the maximum i can get. On the share statistics page (https://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics) the histogram graph says i did yesterday 386nmi. After 225nmi there is a lot of nothing and after that there is a little bit of 332nmi+ till 386nmi. I don't get this (don't see this locally back on virtual radar) so i just ignore that, but if anyone have a good explanation, please let me know.

About the public statistics page, in virtual radar i see my receiver for sure do more than 220nmi at the moment (which even the statistics page says before the 300mni+ bullsh*t). But don't see this back on the statistics page, which still says my maximum was 220mni although the graphs on the share-statistics page still talk about the realistic max 225nmi before that 300mni+ bull). Yeah i had some downtime because of some automatic upgrade problems, so that did lower my uptime this month. That resulted that i went from #11 to #31 for my country. Ok that took some pride from me away :-) but at the other side, who cares... Still try to contribute with my RPi as much as i can to the network.

But in the end, the maximum range of your receiver is sometimes a lucky shot. Your average range is depending on popular flying routes that are in your range (a big busy airport in your neighborhood will do no good on you average). And the uptime, if my provider does not let me down, and upgrades on my PRi does not screw up, should be 100%.

If you live in a flat countryside you can never beat someone who lives on top of a hill and has 400mni+ free view, without having an antenna on 300M/1000ft+ (being a huge lightning attractive object).
              If in your country internet is not 100%, your uptime will always be bad.
              Also, if you view is limited (think about it that you live half way in a condominium) i thought this could be bad. But now i think again about this...... They don't do anything with the amount of aircrafts seen and the reported positions. So if you live high in an condo, have limited opening angle (but a far view), your maximum view would be really high, and you average could be high too, for sure if you have a major airport around your maximum distance. But the contribution to the network is kinda limited because you have an very limited opening angle. But still, you'll end up really high in the stats due to the way of measuring.

My conclusion is that the statistics at the moment are not reliable, and beside of that very unilateral way of measuring based on only max and avg distance.

So in the end, don't rely too much on the statistics and just be happy you can contribute to the network :-).

Comment

Thanks for the nice post, Erik12345.

My Internet connection is good and should provide 100% uptime.
                I live in an appartment building, third floor, so your last scenario applies to me, but I live 7nm from our main airport and can already see almost all of the air traffic to my country using the small indoor antenna. This is based on VRS. I assume that some of the data is flitered out from FR24 due to the quality of the DVB-T stick.
                My maximum range according to VRS is 90nm in one direction, but again, even with this small indoor antenna I see all around me, around 15nm.
                My range statistics on FR24 are pertty low currently, but I expect them to be higher as I was able to place the antenna a little bit higher, and I'm getting much better results now. Imagine what I can get with a better antenna...
                And I like analyzing the data that I get on VRS. Aside from the reports, I export the data to Excel and can do some nice PivotTables there :-)

Comment

Working...
                X