Dump1090 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump1090 upgrade?

This may have been posted before but as I'm a Newbie I've not seen it anywhere on this forum for what I'm about to post???

I installed the package from this site for the RPi which came included with the Dump1090 software, what id like to know if it is possible at all to UPGRADE the dump software to the DUMP1090-mutability version? and how do you do it?

I've got the mutability version installed on a separate non-feeding RPi and like the better features of it.

Is it as simple as swopping files around?
    ie replace the //usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 for the /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability along with the /usr/share/dump1090-mutability files??

in theory it sounds easy enough but I feel I'm doing something wrong and going to end up loosing it all?
    I use SSH and FTP to access my RPi but found the FTP and notepad easier to use than the nano on SSH.

hope someone can clarify this for me.
    Thanks in advance!

It is as simple as that. Yes. And ensuring the supplied one is not running/installed at same time.
    - not replacing the files, but adjusting the load command in the web interface for fr24feed to launch path for MU instead, or the cleaner method of changing the feed type to AVRTCP and attaching to localhost:30002 with MU running as service

And yes, theres posts in the middle of the Rpi feeding thread on how to feed other sources which cover this.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

.. its the fixing if you break it or aren't sure what you do wrong that's hard.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

@ Oblivian thanks for the info. I Think I have read just about every single article on the inet regarding this,
        im not sure if its just me reading far too much into it and confusing myself when I don't actually don't need to!
        Self confusion is what I may be suffering from, serious condition it is, almost like OCD lol

Comment

@StupidDoes
          Did you succeed with copying/moving the files? Seems to be a good idea.

Thanks! phg

Comment

Originally posted by phg View Post
            @StupidDoes
            Did you succeed with copying/moving the files? Seems to be a good idea.

Thanks! phg
            @phg hi,
            What a pain in the rear end it is! Basicly it didn't work as I couldn't get fr24 to communicate with it,
            So I started again, new clean RPI, then installed dump1090-mutability first then installed FR24 which automatically found the new dump and used it!

The dump1090-mutability is far superior than the standard edition, plus the web server displays much more info on the aircraft its tracking and has increased my range by 75-100nmi,
            Only problem I have now is I need to get back in the roof and change the coax,
            Like an idiot I used 75ohm not 50ohm.
            Just need wind free day now to do it!

Comment

Hi StupidDoes,

tanks for your answer - this has been the missing link.
              Got it working now in 15 mins.
              fr24+faware+planefinder

What id did:

Uninstall fr24feed
              Reboot
              install dump1090-mu
              configure dump1090-mu
              Reboot
              install fr24feed
              configure fr24feed

Restart

Everything seems fine now :-)

and: good luck with the coax!

Comment

Hello all,

I've started setting up my Pi and DVB-T stick last weekend. All is working nicely (and I'm having a lot of fun with it).
                Today I wanted to do the exact same thing as the topicstarter and I managed to get the mutability version working also (in combination with the feeder).

On a dump1090 webpage in hongkong however, I see distance rings and also distance between myself (receiver) and planes.
                I entered my coordinates (lat & long) in the "/etc/default/dump1090-mutability" file but after restarting dump1090-mutability this information doesn't appear yet..

Anyone got a clue? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Found some instructions to change some javascript file as well.. working on that right now..
                Edit2: Making the changes in config.js and script.js did the trick! Thanks anyway.
                Last edited by Adriaan25; 2016-02-08, 20:45.

Comment

Working...
                X