FR24 Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Statistics

I have noted when looking at the FR24 Feeder Statistics that the highest range is 325.... is this an error?

Reason for asking is that in one direction of miles of unobstructed view, I often see figures between 330 and 390nm but it appears FR24 Stats are not picking these up or recording them.

This week alone I have recorded on the FR24 Feeder page the following, 336nm Wednesday, 338nm Thursday & 346nm Saturday.

So if they show on the Maximum Distance Heading, appear on the Histogram and the Polar, why not in the Statistics?
    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Talked about already here

I thought i would bite the bullet and start off a much needed thread. Use this thread for chatting about coverage, feeding Flightradar24 or anything else related to Feeding. But not for reporting new feeders spotted as that is covered here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/3851-New-Feeder-Spotted but you can chat about
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Hi, yes I found that thread before posting my own, the reason I discounted the 'Average' argument is as follows;

1. There are far too many Feeders having an 'average' max distance of 325 for it to be accurate when you take into account the 'average range' column.

2. If you place your mouse over the ? mark adjacent to Max Range, it states 'Max Range of Radar in the last 30 days' and not 'Max Average Range in 30 days'.

3. The 'average' range over the last 30 days is dealt with by the column 'Average Range'.

I agree this sounds pedantic, but either the description for Max Range needs amending if it is supposed to represent the 'max average distance in 30 days' or the math is wrong or distances above 325 are being ignored/discounted?
      If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

*shrug*

I don't compare myself on that page to worry

But given mine starts and has a pre-set max of 300nm regardless. If the population is similar its instantly going to bring any site compare avg down
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Can someone explain why when:
          Your uptime, max range and avg range are higher than the receiver above you, you are in this lower position?
          Does that make any sense at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
            https://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics

Your uptime, max range and avg range are higher than the receiver above you, you are in this lower position?
            I don't know what your radarid is, but have you tried looking it up on this webpage? Don't type in T- or F- in the search window to check your stats:
            http://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
              https://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics

Statistic is totally incorrect.
              Radar with 100% uptime and 280+nm max range last 2 months has 494 uptime and 125nm range on stats page.
              On the other hand, #1 radar on page has 1,148 uptime. That means radar is sending data 2 hours in one hour. Must be Chuck Norris as host for that FR24 box in Brasil.

Country list is not correct also.

Screenshot_1.jpg

e.g.
              Hungary and Bosnia & Herzegovina feeders on Croatia list.
              F-LDDU1 is assigned to LDDU (Dubrovnik, Croatia) airport as closest, but it's positioned in B&H.

I can't find correct info on that statistic page so I don't take it serious.
              Last edited by Amper; 2016-04-15, 09:58.
              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Wonder if this 2X score problem might be related to using two ADS-B receivers with the same feeder and same radar id. I've heard that's possible and wondered if it might cause duplicate data problems.
                Either that or possibly something to do with MLAT leaks or a combination of the two conditions.

Edit: BTW, the #1 rank I'm seeing right now is F-SBPN1 with 1148/720 hours of uptime. The feeder's location country corresponds with a SBPN local airport.
                This is a tiny airport in the center of South America and the traffic score is not at all believable for a local receiver in such a remote area.

Edit: I was wrong about the feeder's country of Brazil, the airport is just the other side of the border outside Brazil in a small country no one has ever heard of. Not a surprising and likely innocent error in the stats page. Or it's possible the feeder actually is on the Brazil side and the closest Airport is not in Brazil.

FR24_rank_fluke1.jpg

FR24_rank_fluke2.jpg

Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-16, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam26K View Post
                  Wonder if this 2X score problem might be related to using two ADS-B receivers with the same feeder and same radar id. I've heard that's possible and wondered if it might cause duplicate data problems.
                  Either that or possibly something to do with MLAT leaks or a combination of the two conditions.

Edit: BTW, the #1 rank I'm seeing right now is F-SBPN1 with 1148/720 hours of uptime. The feeder's location country corresponds with a SBPN local airport.
                  This is a tiny airport in the center of South America and the traffic score is not at all believable for a local receiver in such a remote area.

Edit: I was wrong about the feeder's country of Brazil, the airport is just the other side of the border outside Brazil in a small country no one has ever heard of. Not a surprising and likely innocent error in the stats page. Or it's possible the feeder actually is on the Brazil side and the closest Airport is not in Brazil.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7397[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7398[/ATTACH]

https://skyvector.com/airport/SBPN/P...cional-Airport
                  Porto Nacional Airport SBPN is in Brazil, near Tocantins river, State of Tocantins in central Brazil. There's no such thing like: "the airport is just the other side of the border outside Brazil in a small country no one has ever heard of." or "Or it's possible the feeder actually is on the Brazil side and the closest Airport is not in Brazil." The closest other contry (Bolivia) is more than a thousand kilometers away.

Comment

Originally posted by Windsurfmaniac View Post
                    Porto Nacional Airport SBPN is in Brazil, near Tocantins river, State of Tocantins in central Brazil. There's no such thing like: "the airport is just the other side of the border outside Brazil in a small country no one has ever heard of." or "Or it's possible the feeder actually is on the Brazil side and the closest Airport is not in Brazil." The closest other contry (Bolivia) is more than a thousand kilometers away.
                    No worries, the mystery of the abnormally high scores continues to be unsolved .

BTW, not to complain too much but why doesn't the up time hours increase? I should have 720 hours for a month and yet it can't seem to get above 620 something. There is some problems with the statistics pages.
                    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-04-18, 09:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X