Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft nearby feeding distant antennas, not mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acid-drop View Post
    How can usb latency be important when the internet connections add a huge lot more (in comparison ofc) latency to it...

Whatever the explanation is, i can underdtand F- have priority but as you say its only one...
    Are you now saying that all other feeders are doing this for nothing ? Is that the message ?
    I've been wondering this question being new and I sort of understand it now...

but I do have to agree with this. Why am I doing this? What is the point of me having my SDR feed to fr24 when I got all these other F- boxes feeding "more accurate" data?

Comment

Because it saves you a premium subscription and ensures no dead spots and enhanced accuracy?
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

If I may add my two-cents worth.

Don't always rely on your radar code to see aircraft. I have my Radar Code filtered on the Live Flight Tracker - no other aircraft are displayed (main FR24 map). I can easily track in excess of 130 aircraft simultaneously in a busy traffic period. However, some days, I don't see a single aircraft on the FR24 map. Then other days, I can have as many as 8 aircraft displayed at the same time on the FR24 map. Some lasting a few seconds, others lasting a couple of minutes. I have a "T" code, which is for the Dongle.

The best way to see what aircraft you are tracking, is to either use your dump1090 map (with or without VRS) or the RadarView facility within FR24.

Remember, we are all here because we share a mutual interest in Flight Tracking.

There are other Flight Tracker sites out there but the quality of maps and what you can do with them, is no comparison to what you can do with FR24 Map and smartphone apps :-D
        T-EGBB16

Hardware: NooElec DVB-T2 Dongle, Raspi Pi2 Mod B, 6dB Collinear Antenna, Nevis Pre-Amp & 1090mhz SAW Filter, 9mtrs WF100 Cable and 28ft Mast.
        Software: Rasbain Jessie Lite, FR24 Feeder, Dump1090mutab and VRS.
        Stats for Mar 18, 2016. Uptime:100%. Aircraft seen:2,012. Positions Reported:486,817. Maximum Distance:243nm (Stats provided by FR24)

Comment

Originally posted by acid-drop View Post
          How can usb latency be important when the internet connections add a huge lot more (in comparison ofc) latency to it...

Whatever the explanation is, i can underdtand F- have priority but as you say its only one...
          Are you now saying that all other feeders are doing this for nothing ? Is that the message ?
          because once the data is processed locally it has a time stamp so it could take an hour to get to fr24 (pointless data at that point) the server will know that data happened then and not now.

as pointed out by others all the data is used, multiple sources of data have a redundancy effect and is useful for validation,

lets say your near a couple of other sites but you fill a a hole they cant see, the chances are your data will be used but the website might not show it.
          Last edited by SpaxmoidJAm; 2016-01-30, 14:21.
          T-EGLF8

Comment

My personal experience with this in my area is that 2 or 3 T- radar tags dominate most of the traffic. Only about 1/3 to 1/10 of the traffic in my area is broadcasting a full ADS-B tag with position info and yet these T- radar tags are returning fully tagged position data within about a 300 nm radius.

The 2 or 3 T- tags in my area that dominate most of the traffic must be deriving their position info from other MLAT sources and it causes legitimate MLAT sources from FR24 MLAT feeders to be flooded out. Below is a screen shot of the worst one in my area I just grabbed now.

There are a lot of FR24 installed receivers in the bay area and if not flooded out with bogus MLAT T-feeders, should be able to handle the MLAT data just fine.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-01-31, 03:04.

Comment

I'm not sure what your concern is.

MLAT (F-) is working fine

This is limited to them only.

sfmlat.jpg

And I would advise against constantly editing your last posts. More so if it is any longer than a minute or 2 of posting. As everyone subscribed gets a copy of what was initially there. And is not notified of additions so quite often you will find people on auto pilot replying to stuff that doesn't exist or been changed.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                I'm not sure what your concern is.

MLAT (F-) is working fine

This is limited to them only.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6957[/ATTACH]

And I would advise against constantly editing your last posts. More so if it is any longer than a minute or 2 of posting. As everyone subscribed gets a copy of what was initially there. And is not notified of additions so quite often you will find people on auto pilot replying to stuff that doesn't exist or been changed.
                Sorry about the edits and thanks for the advice. What is MLAT (F-)?

Looking forward to FR24's version of pi MLAT working and hopefully the tracking will be more accurate.
                Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-01-31, 03:48. Reason: deleted edit

Comment

They are MLATs, Produced by F- feeders. Just as you suggest should work. They are.

Go into Visibility and you can turn the different feeds off
                  FAA - delayed from the US FAA administration
                  ADSB - Live full position info
                  MLAT - 3 different MLAT networks, Pi based, FR24 receiver based, F5M based

Comment

There is no flooding. All it is doing is displaying them with a wrongly attributed source in the 'radar' field. That may or may not be slightly inaccurate but its still a calculated position.

Its MLAT data, its a position, its displayed

Its not stopping any others from being displayed. But may cause a slightly behind duplicate on screen if the FR24 boxes also MLAT it.

If they update the clients, it gets fixed.

Comment

And again I would have not seen you had updated the message had I not been watching the online users as I got _0_ notification. I suggest not using edit.

Comment

Ok so sorry again for editing previous posts, but this thing with T- feeders feeding fully tagged data to fr24feed seems to be blocking the legitimate fr24 mlat feeders.

It also blocks more accurate data from receiver's like mine who have the positions fully defined within 10K feet flying over my house.

Comment

I don't see How?

A packet with 'this is the position and time' called that wrongly by being fed back is the same as an actual 'this is my position'. All the info is looked up based on the HEX, alt and a position if present. If an MLAT target is available, derived from whatever MLAT system has it at the time - it will show it. If the same incorrectly tagged position is not available anymore because its now under 2 receivers instead of 4, it wont show it.

Theres no losing out. Just incorrectly attributed.

All the source feed calculations are still being received. And it displays the most accurate it feels is true.

So how is that blocking?

Comment

All I know is that I can locally track a fully defined ADS-B transmitting aircraft as it takes off from KSJC and takes the tight turns around the airport as required to avoid SFO bay area traffic. The feeds that come from T- based radar sources in the KSJC area that are constantly feeding MLAT position data from other sources are never accurate and are the cause of phantom duplicate traffic.

Comment

You may be able to track them, but if they aren't appearing on the map it means your data is inconsistent. Or not reaching the server and being compared to other sources fast enough.

If it is being displayed, but attributed to someone else. Theres nothing we can do

Comment

I really don't believe my hits are not solid enough to be registered by an FR24 server. IMHO the hits are being flooded out by other T- radar sources via external MLAT data that is uncontrolled by FR24. And I do track my dump1090 data with Virtual Radar and do see the planes.

Comment

Working...
                                X