Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with DVB-T Device Path

Hello,
    My name is Chandan Bhat and I am new here. I recently bought an USB DVB-T stick for the sole purpose of uploading data to FR24. I have read the manual and gone through the forums but to my dismay, I couldn't find a single post regrading this, thus I seek your help in this regard. I ran the FR24Feed application and it is asking me for the COM port number or the device path both of which I can't find. I don't know the device path as the USB is not seen in the Windows Explorer and don't know how to find the COM Port number. I have successfully installed libusbK.dll on the USB. I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I am sure the people in this forum would be kind enough to help me .
    Best Regards,
    Chandan Bhat

Originally posted by Chandan View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Chandan Bhat and I am new here. I recently bought an USB DVB-T stick for the sole purpose of uploading data to FR24. I have read the manual and gone through the forums but to my dismay, I couldn't find a single post regrading this, thus I seek your help in this regard. I ran the FR24Feed application and it is asking me for the COM port number or the device path both of which I can't find. I don't know the device path as the USB is not seen in the Windows Explorer and don't know how to find the COM Port number. I have successfully installed libusbK.dll on the USB. I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I am sure the people in this forum would be kind enough to help me .
    Best Regards,
    Chandan Bhat
    My guess is, that in the question about which devise you use, you pick the wrong option. You have probable picked option 5 or 6 (from memory) which is for a USB stick on another machine in your network.You must pick option 1, which is the one above the dashed line (easily mistaken for a headline)

Comment

Indeed. A screenshot from your settings web page would do wonders here.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Indeed. A screenshot from your settings web page would do wonders here.
        As this is his first post I think he is not allowed to.

Comment

FR24-1.jpgFR24-2.jpg
          Good Morning,
          Thanks for the replies this is how the feeder used to respond when i selected the DVB-T option it would get terminated every time and since it did not work I thought of going through the entire manual again until I found this:
          dvbt - DVBT USB dongle connected directly via USB. Only one DVBT dongle can
          be used at a time. When using with stand alone dump1090 instance or another
          software defined radio demodulator please use the “avr-tcp” receiver type instead.
          And since I did not have any idea how this worked and it all seemed very confusing to me I selected avr-tcp. I could upload the ini file and share the link but unfortunately I'm not allowed to.

Comment

That is not set to AVR (TCP) at present. That is set to DVBT USB. You can see it loading MR with --RAW --MLAT options.

By the look your stick is in use, or you loaded the wrong drivers. It should not be visible in windows. But rather zadig drivers loaded.
            Also if you have not restarted recently, make sure there is no mr-dump1090.exe running in task manager process list.

Please click http://localhost:8754 while you have it running now and take a shot of your settings page
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I was running it with AVR-TCP and it asked for the com port number/device path but I couldn't figure it out hence switched to DVB-T.

Comment

FR24-3.JPGFR24-4.JPG
                Here goes the screenshots.

Comment

The zadig drivers disable default COM port use for windows. The built in software is made to auto detect the USB location in device manager.

Those options are ignored on windows unless you chose a TCP type receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Chandan View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6802[/ATTACH]
                    Here goes the screenshots.
                    Note the 'settings' clickable words toward the bottom..

AKA http://localhost:8754/settings.html

Comment

Sir,
                      Could you please help me/advise what to do next?

Comment

FR24-5.jpg
                        Here you go

Comment

You can clear the Com/Dev path as that will go by default.

Assuming you have A USB stick. And correctly installed zadig drivers it will not stop like it is.

That error is only seen when DVBT stick is not present (I am testing it at present in various modes and it does the same with no device found).

Or it is of the wrong type

Time to reinstall zadig drivers (copying a dll into the folder does not work) and select the WinUSB http://zadig.akeo.ie/

Comment

FR24-6.jpg
                            I had installed the driver libusbK.dll as mentioned in the Manual Yesterday

Comment

Try WinUSB. I too had issues using libusb.. thats more for other OS's I think

Comment

Working...
                              X