Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some MySQL Code (Altitude to FL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some MySQL Code (Altitude to FL)

Hi, with a percent chance of the low teens I'm looking for a way in MySQL code to report flight level from altitude. For the best part:

concat("FL",left(altitude,3)) gets me what I need but when the altitude is reported as 40950 I'm really looking to round up to 41000 but can't seem to find a function for rounding up integer values.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

It may only help if you using basic PHP to display the outputs like me..

I just put in another column in mine to test, with the native PHP round function used to get a result. Which you could then concant also. By default it rounds to halves but there are other parameters

".Round($rows['altitude'],-3)."

Ends in result:

FLtest.jpg
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the PHP code, it may be a solution. I've currently got MySQL code:

Code:
       left(round(max(altitude)/100,0),3)
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Yeah shortly after finding the PHP ver I noted a SQL ver of round. But wasn't sure how to impliment with our standard tables as such to get a new array field to play with
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by nzradar View Post
          Thanks for the heads up on the PHP code, it may be a solution. I've currently got MySQL code:

Code:
           left(round(max(altitude)/100,0),3)
          Hi Michael,
          how can i make for me some page like yours?

Thanks very much.
          Regards,
          Last edited by Oblivian; 2016-03-31, 18:11.
          Regards,
          Miguel Teixeira
          FR24 T-LPPT1 Radar

Comment

Working...
          X