Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Allowed To Wear A Pilots Uniform...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Allowed To Wear A Pilots Uniform...?

This may seem like a silly question to some, but I am curious.

Would I be able to wear a pilot's uniform at the airport or on a plane if I'm not really a pilot? I would like to wear one because I like to feel of wearing one and pretending to be a pilot. I would think it'll be OK, as long as one doesn't take advantage of it. Has anyone done this before? How common is it?

If there are any pilots here, how do you feel about it?

I'm from Canada is that helps.

Originally posted by The Powerpuff Girls View Post

Would I be able to wear a pilot's uniform at the airport or on a plane if I'm not really a pilot? I would like to wear one because I like to feel of wearing one and pretending to be a pilot. I would think it'll be OK, as long as one doesn't take advantage of it. Has anyone done this before? How common is it?

Great idea if you like very small windowless rooms for 23 hours a day for the next few years,
    What do you think the anti terrorism squad will make of someone pretending to be a pilot hanging around airports, you will wake up one night without a front door to find men with automatic guns and powerful torches surrounding your bed, the next day after they have trashed your house the newspapers will claim a major terrorist plot was averted and you had aviation literature and sophisticated aircraft tracking equipment.....
    It may not be illegal,but it is certainly stupid.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

I meant if you were taking a trip. I guess it'll be as serious or almost as wearing a police uniform? I've heard of people wearing a pilots uniform when going out either for fun or to atteact attention... Maybe they just enjoy pretending to be a pilot?

Giving it another thought, I could see how it could get you into trouble. All someone needs to do is assume (easy enough for anyone wearing any kind of uniform). What struct the thought was a someone had asked a pilot if they were their uniform when not at work, maybe attract or girlfriend/boyrlfriend (can't remember exactly what they asked). The pilot said, people genereally don't to that, that he is knows of.

Comment

Originally posted by The Powerpuff Girls View Post

It might be OK, if you do this in Townsville International Airport, USA - you might get a " Welcome band " when you walk around the airport.

In other place, you might be invited to stay in a window-less room for ages to come. LOL
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Working...
        X