Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting your rank from FR24 Feeders Statistics easily

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Olov View Post
    Thank you for the statistics interface Patrick!

About the sorting bugs in our statistics, they are caused by our caching. We are working on a fix for it now.. should be included in our next release (Monday or Tuesday next week).
    You are welcome.
    There is indeed an issue with the data. If I run my daily collection of data at 4:00 UTC, my uptime is 688 hours. But if I run it at 15:00 UTC, my uptime is 711 hours, much closer to the reality.
    I hope this will be solved with the next release.
    Patrick
    T-LFSN4

Check your rank from FR24 feeder stats at https://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Team FR24
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick1501 View Post
    You are welcome.
    There is indeed an issue with the data. If I run my daily collection of data at 4:00 UTC, my uptime is 688 hours. But if I run it at 15:00 UTC, my uptime is 711 hours, much closer to the reality.
    I hope this will be solved with the next release.
    Patrick
    Thank you for that info Patrick. I will make sure to inform the developers to look into this. The next release should have these bugs fixed.
    --

Passenger
    Nice work Patrick, would it be possible to extend the filtering to show rank within country?

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.FR24 View Post
    Nice work Patrick, would it be possible to extend the filtering to show rank within country?
    It's a good idea, and I already thought about it. But for it to work, our friends at FR24 would have first to normalise the country denomination.
    I have indeed cases where a different name is used for the same country:
    - "Bosnia And Herzegovina", "Bosnia and Herzegovina" and "Bosnia-Herzegovina"
    - "Curacao" and "Curaao"
    - "Guadaloupe" and "Guadeloupe" (by the way, Guadeloupe is not a country, but an oversea region of France)
    - "Macedonia" and "Macedonia (FYROM)"
    - "Ukraina" and "Ukraine"

I could implement some kind of mapping, so that these different names are mapped to a single one, but it would be by far preferable that the data is consistent from the start. Maybe it is planned in the new version coming next week?

Patrick
    T-LFSN4

Check your rank from FR24 feeder stats at https://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1501 View Post
    I could implement some kind of mapping, so that these different names are mapped to a single one, but it would be by far preferable that the data is consistent from the start. Maybe it is planned in the new version coming next week?

Patrick
    I'm afraid it's a known bug/issue that is not high on our priority right now.

It is however already possible to filter for a specific country in our interface: https://www.dropbox.com/s/afoxm1xjf6...ering.png?dl=0

Passenger
    is there a txt file that we can use to capture and get radar airplane upload count as well
    ex : fr24.com/stat.txt
    Last edited by LTAC; 2016-02-19 at 13:02.

Passenger
    I'm struggling to grasp why

FR24 shows my max distance receive as 125 miles; yet this stats pages show 85 miles.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Xz0Fv3n$*$l#Qo4z View Post
    I'm struggling to grasp why

FR24 shows my max distance receive as 125 miles; yet this stats pages show 85 miles.
    same here.
    FR24 maximum= 214, Ranking = 190

My guess is is that it has to do with how maximum distance is defined. Maybe the maximum distance for rankings is only used after the readings from said distance is of a certain quality.

Passenger
    The statistics page claims it's the maximum in 30 days. I guess it should be an average of the last 30 days, but since I replaced my antenna about a month ago, I've been getting 100nm almost every days, and 80nm at worst, and the statistics page shows 50nm, so I really don't understand it.

First officer
    Try setting up Virtual Radar Server on a spare PC and set it to log your range from the decoded output (not the raw output as you want to look at what is actually being sent to FR24), this should give you a better idea of your true range as it should ignore any incomplete or corrupted data.

Quote Originally Posted by adi4x View Post
    The statistics page claims it's the maximum in 30 days. I guess it should be an average of the last 30 days, but since I replaced my antenna about a month ago, I've been getting 100nm almost every days, and 80nm at worst, and the statistics page shows 50nm, so I really don't understand it.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.