Accessing FR24 Receiver (URGENT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing FR24 Receiver (URGENT)

After a two hour horrendous Electrical Storm yesterday that took out half the towns electricity for 4 hrs, I have power up and running but cannot get the FR24 receiver back on-line, I have sent TWO emails to support about this but get a standard reply of up to 5 days waiting.

Having gone through all the Diagnostics, testing Power, GPS, Internet Connections etc., I have come to the conclusion either the Cat5 hardware has failed or it has lost its IP address.

I know there is a command to access the config of the box to set DHCP or static but cannot remember it, does anyone know so I can attempt to get it up and running again sooner rather than later...!
    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Are green and yellow lights on? I mean on ETH port of the box?
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
      Are green and yellow lights on? I mean on ETH port of the box?
      Yes, spent all morning checking everything and status of Box as follows:

Ethernet Lights Steady Blink of Green/Yellow
      Power Light, Static Green
      Mode-S Light blinking like mad in red when Antenna Connected / Nothing when unplugged so Antenna OK
      GPS Light Blinking Green with the occasional red blip.

Have tried connection Cat5 at receiver end to Laptop, picked up Network AOK so Cat5 Cable is fine.
      Tried connecting another Cat cable direct between PC and Receiver to get into IP, nothing, zip.

I think either the software needs to be re-installed or the built in Cat5 connection is the issue and it is not assigning the IP address and cannot connect to the network....!!

Comment

1.Did you check connected devices in your router?
        2.Did you check on your premium page on FR24 is the feed online?
        3.Download IP scanner and do the scan.

It is possible that box need reinstall. If so support will send you files and instructions. Be patient.
        Then you will need to prepare microsd card reader, a Torx size 10 screwdriver.
        Do not do anything without fr24 support instructions.

Comment

Hi Amper,

1. Yes, all connected except the FR24 Receiver.

2. Yes, have checked status after checking each item and powering down the box and then powering up again to ensure no loose connections, water ingress, etc.

3. I have IPScanner, after checking that the Receiver was not being seen by the router, I ran it and could not find the receiver - however, it DID find an IP Address that appeared nowhere else, when attempting to access it, it came up with a Page called OSAir, did not know if that is the receiver or the Movistar TV Box.

My background is IT so I am not going to do anything unless you have advised me to, I have Torx Screw Driver Sets, SD Cards and Readers....

Comment

Well, you should wait for support reply.
            Have in mind that sending new mails to them puts you on the last place in line for answer.
            Be patient and they will help you and send all instructions necessary to solve issue.

Comment

dependant on the age of the receiver, if its got a beagle bone white or black in it this page may help.

http://wiki.modesbeast.com/Radarcape:Installation_Guide

especially the bit about attaching usb to get console access, as this will help you no end in establishing what's up. It is probably a corrupt sd card image (or dead beagle bone) the lights are done at a hardware level on the daughter board.
              T-EGLF8

Comment

Originally posted by SpaxmoidJAm View Post
                dependant on the age of the receiver, if its got a beagle bone white or black in it this page may help.

http://wiki.modesbeast.com/Radarcape:Installation_Guide

especially the bit about attaching usb to get console access, as this will help you no end in establishing what's up. It is probably a corrupt sd card image (or dead beagle bone) the lights are done at a hardware level on the daughter board.
                Please, let support to solve issue in this case. After all box is still fr24 property. Let's not give tools without knowledge for experiments.
                I could give him image for box but i didn't.
                Tnx
                Last edited by Amper; 2015-11-28, 10:45.

Comment

Working...
                X