Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to track any aircraft

Hi there,

I am trying for several days now to build an ADS-B radar device with the following components:
    • Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
    • CSL DVB-T USB Stick (Realtek chip)

I am not able to track any aircraft neither with the Raspberry Pi nor with my notebook. On the Raspberry Pi I have installed the FR24Feed package and followed several tutorials.
    On my Windows PC I have fr24feed_win32 and rtl1090. I have also followed several tutorials including the driver setup with the zadig tool.
    Tonight I have build my own CANTENNA but I am still unable to track any aircraft.

dump1090 provides the following information about my DVB-T stick:
    Code:
    Found 1 device(s):
    0: Realtek, DVB-T Dongle, SN: 00000991 (currently selected)
    Found Fitipower FC0013 tuner
    Max available gain is: 19.70
    Setting gain to: 19.70
    Exact sample rate is: 2000000.052982 Hz
    Gain reported by device: 19.70
    Do you have any idea what might be the problem with my setup?

Kind regards,
    Thomas

I think you will find the FC0013 is not able to tune past 1Ghz looking at others results.

It's destined for purely a TV UHF range.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. I have ordered a DVB-T stick with a R820T chip. It should be more suitable for tracking airplanes if the information on the following page is correct:
      http: / / sdr osmocom org / trac / wiki / rtl-sdr (sorry, I am not allowed to post working URLs)

I am looking forward to the first airplane that will be discovered by my equipment.

Cheers,
      Thomas

Comment

I have received another DVB-T USB stick with a R820T Tuner today and it's working now. I am finally able to track airplanes.
        Thank you very much for your support!

Kind regards,
        Thomas

Comment

Working...
        X