This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lear Jets

Why are all that I've seen, lear jets marked the same, just as LJ45's FR24 seem to omit the registration/tail/icao details on them all, at least in Australia anyway.

These aircraft put out the same data as other aircraft, I can see here for example that LJ45 is actually identified as:
    AM451
    ICAO: 7c6d4c

I've seen this to be common for some time on other lear jets as well, not just 451, FR24 always dont display the rego.

Because some Owners have requested there Data not to be shown. Or,.. It is not available.. 27.11.2015 DEL
    Attached Files
    Last edited by delcomp; 2015-11-27, 07:07.

Please read this http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-ask-questions!
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

and whats your point? is that hte goto link you like to post when you see something thats broken and you want to deny it as a feature set?
      like always, when somethings wrong just deny it, why T.F. I bother wasting my time I dont know, I should know better given many of Mikes other posts.

*sigh*

amazing this is the only feed site we ever have hassles with, maybe because its only feeder site that denies problems exist, where others actually THANK you if somethings noticed, and strive to have a super service, fr24 might have been king once, but now? pffft its hardly worth being a gatekeeper.

Comment

I would rather the Lear Jet flights be obfuscated rather than completely blocked.

You would probably agree that tactical military flights should be blocked.

You may also agree that private operators should be able to have some say in a world wide disclosure of their flying operations - particularly the business jet class as represented by the Lear Jets in question.

Comment

I can see that you don't want to read link I gave you, so i will explain to you.

Some private/biz/gov/mil planes wants to be and stay private.

FR24 cooperates with all of them so in near future ads-b...etc doesn't become illegal to track. It can happen in a blink of an eye.

Do you get the point now?

It's all explained at link I gave you where you can find this discussion as well:

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

So there is no existing problem about that subject.
          Last edited by Amper; 2015-10-29, 12:16.
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by stanno View Post
            I would rather the Lear Jet flights be obfuscated rather than completely blocked.

You would probably agree that tactical military flights should be blocked.

You may also agree that private operators should be able to have some say in a world wide disclosure of their flying operations - particularly the business jet class as represented by the Lear Jets in question.

The aircraft in question is careflight areomedical services, the rest of their fixed and rotary wings all display correctly, only this learjet doesnt, it seems fr24 want to take the easy way out by suppressing all lj* type aircraft rather than selectivel filterings.

pretty piss poor, since same aircraft display normally on other feeder sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Ressy View Post
              The aircraft in question is careflight areomedical services, the rest of their fixed and rotary wings all display correctly, only this learjet doesnt, it seems fr24 want to take the easy way out by suppressing all lj* type aircraft rather than selectivel filterings.

Yes, another well known site will provide every detail about this particular Careflight Lear and the flight it is currently operating. The same site additionally makes it perfectly clear when an owner has requested blocking and that tracking info is available only to the owner. FR24 also appear to have done the same trick you speak of with Global Express jets - they all now show up as GLEX with no info. There was a time when one of the two Clive Palmer has/had? (M-ATAR) did show up on FR24 with the rego visible and the owner as "Private".

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                Yes, another well known site will provide every detail about this particular Careflight Lear and the flight it is currently operating. The same site additionally makes it perfectly clear when an owner has requested blocking and that tracking info is available only to the owner. FR24 also appear to have done the same trick you speak of with Global Express jets - they all now show up as GLEX with no info. There was a time when one of the two Clive Palmer has/had? (M-ATAR) did show up on FR24 with the rego visible and the owner as "Private".
                Could not agree more, I think you can add Boelng Business Jets to that ever increasing list of "Blocked aircraft types". there is no way known
                that every owner of these aircraft types has made a request to have their data blocked, easy solution block the lot.....well done FR NOT!

Comment

Not Blocked on Block

Actually, if what you said was true, then no military aircraft would ever show up in FR24, but the fact is they do and very frequently over the Med with US Radar Tracking and Re-fuelers seen on most days, as are British RAF Panavia Tornado GR4's and even Typhoon Eurofighters - I even posted in the Forum about some of their funny call signs such a PYSCHO34....!

The point is, some fly over NOT displaying any data, cannot see it on the VirtualRadar Screen but the FR24 receiver is still tracking it and a good example of that was yesterday, 4 Spanish Eurofighters flew so low over my house I could READ the registration numbers on the aircraft with the 70-200mm Zoom on my camera, but on VirtualRadar and FR24 - nada, zip, zilch..... except their altitude, speed, heading, make and model of aircraft.
                  If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

Why are all that I've seen, lear jets marked the same, just as LJ45's FR24 seem to omit the registration/tail/icao details on them all, at least in Australia anyway.

These aircraft put out the same data as other aircraft, I can see here for example that LJ45 is actually identified as:
                    AM451
                    ICAO: 7c6d4c

I've seen this to be common for some time on other lear jets as well, not just 451, FR24 always dont display the rego.

Hey, read page 33 of this from the official Australian Air Authorities...

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/...1-11-MAY15.pdf
                    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

Originally posted by DemonLee View Post

Thats a bit of a finger point clarification
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

?? and your point is supposed to be what?

Comment

Actually, if what you said was true, then no military aircraft would ever show up in FR24, but the fact is they do and very frequently over the Med with US Radar Tracking and Re-fuelers seen on most days, as are British RAF Panavia Tornado GR4's and even Typhoon Eurofighters - I even posted in the Forum about some of their funny call signs such a PYSCHO34....!

The point is, some fly over NOT displaying any data, cannot see it on the VirtualRadar Screen but the FR24 receiver is still tracking it and a good example of that was yesterday, 4 Spanish Eurofighters flew so low over my house I could READ the registration numbers on the aircraft with the 70-200mm Zoom on my camera, but on VirtualRadar and FR24 - nada, zip, zilch..... except their altitude, speed, heading, make and model of aircraft.

There is no other explanation, careflight has NOT requested suppression, so FR24 have taken it upon themselves to implement their own version of the great firewall of china, in fact I recall the time of MH370, there were a number of learjets all suppressed, as for military? some australian military aircraft both rotary and fixed also appear of fr24.
                          AM451 appears without fault on planefinder and other feeder sites, but not here that means they are deliberately filtering.

Comment

That document has been around for ages and is directed at aircraft owners/operators. I fail to see the relevance to this particular discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                              Could not agree more, I think you can add Boelng Business Jets to that ever increasing list of "Blocked aircraft types". there is no way known
                              that every owner of these aircraft types has made a request to have their data blocked, easy solution block the lot.....well done FR NOT!
                              I just noticed a Boeing Business Jet - very imaginative call sign too - B737!

Comment

Working...
                              X