Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Lear Jets

  1. #1
    First officer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-YBBN30
    Posts
    234

    Lear Jets

    Why are all that I've seen, lear jets marked the same, just as LJ45's FR24 seem to omit the registration/tail/icao details on them all, at least in Australia anyway.

    These aircraft put out the same data as other aircraft, I can see here for example that LJ45 is actually identified as:
    AM451
    ICAO: 7c6d4c

    I've seen this to be common for some time on other lear jets as well, not just 451, FR24 always dont display the rego.



    Because some Owners have requested there Data not to be shown. Or,.. It is not available.. 27.11.2015 DEL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by delcomp; 2015-11-27 at 07:07.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Amper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delta Bravo Victor
    Posts
    742
    For official support use Contact Form

  3. #3
    First officer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-YBBN30
    Posts
    234
    and whats your point? is that hte goto link you like to post when you see something thats broken and you want to deny it as a feature set?
    like always, when somethings wrong just deny it, why T.F. I bother wasting my time I dont know, I should know better given many of Mikes other posts.

    *sigh*

    amazing this is the only feed site we ever have hassles with, maybe because its only feeder site that denies problems exist, where others actually THANK you if somethings noticed, and strive to have a super service, fr24 might have been king once, but now? pffft its hardly worth being a gatekeeper.

  4. #4
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Blue Mountains, Australia
    Posts
    32
    I would rather the Lear Jet flights be obfuscated rather than completely blocked.

    You would probably agree that tactical military flights should be blocked.

    You may also agree that private operators should be able to have some say in a world wide disclosure of their flying operations - particularly the business jet class as represented by the Lear Jets in question.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Amper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delta Bravo Victor
    Posts
    742
    I can see that you don't want to read link I gave you, so i will explain to you.

    Some private/biz/gov/mil planes wants to be and stay private.

    FR24 cooperates with all of them so in near future ads-b...etc doesn't become illegal to track. It can happen in a blink of an eye.

    Do you get the point now?

    It's all explained at link I gave you where you can find this discussion as well:

    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...locked-flights

    So there is no existing problem about that subject.
    Last edited by Amper; 2015-10-29 at 12:16.
    For official support use Contact Form

  6. #6
    First officer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-YBBN30
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by stanno View Post
    I would rather the Lear Jet flights be obfuscated rather than completely blocked.

    You would probably agree that tactical military flights should be blocked.

    You may also agree that private operators should be able to have some say in a world wide disclosure of their flying operations - particularly the business jet class as represented by the Lear Jets in question.

    The aircraft in question is careflight areomedical services, the rest of their fixed and rotary wings all display correctly, only this learjet doesnt, it seems fr24 want to take the easy way out by suppressing all lj* type aircraft rather than selectivel filterings.

    pretty piss poor, since same aircraft display normally on other feeder sites.

  7. #7
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Qld, Australia
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    The aircraft in question is careflight areomedical services, the rest of their fixed and rotary wings all display correctly, only this learjet doesnt, it seems fr24 want to take the easy way out by suppressing all lj* type aircraft rather than selectivel filterings.

    pretty piss poor, since same aircraft display normally on other feeder sites.
    Yes, another well known site will provide every detail about this particular Careflight Lear and the flight it is currently operating. The same site additionally makes it perfectly clear when an owner has requested blocking and that tracking info is available only to the owner. FR24 also appear to have done the same trick you speak of with Global Express jets - they all now show up as GLEX with no info. There was a time when one of the two Clive Palmer has/had? (M-ATAR) did show up on FR24 with the rego visible and the owner as "Private".

  8. #8
    Captain
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by airnrail View Post
    Yes, another well known site will provide every detail about this particular Careflight Lear and the flight it is currently operating. The same site additionally makes it perfectly clear when an owner has requested blocking and that tracking info is available only to the owner. FR24 also appear to have done the same trick you speak of with Global Express jets - they all now show up as GLEX with no info. There was a time when one of the two Clive Palmer has/had? (M-ATAR) did show up on FR24 with the rego visible and the owner as "Private".
    Could not agree more, I think you can add Boelng Business Jets to that ever increasing list of "Blocked aircraft types". there is no way known
    that every owner of these aircraft types has made a request to have their data blocked, easy solution block the lot.....well done FR NOT!

  9. #9
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Antas, Almeria, Spain
    Posts
    83

    Not Blocked on Block

    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    The aircraft in question is careflight areomedical services, the rest of their fixed and rotary wings all display correctly, only this learjet doesnt, it seems fr24 want to take the easy way out by suppressing all lj* type aircraft rather than selectivel filterings.

    pretty piss poor, since same aircraft display normally on other feeder sites.
    Actually, if what you said was true, then no military aircraft would ever show up in FR24, but the fact is they do and very frequently over the Med with US Radar Tracking and Re-fuelers seen on most days, as are British RAF Panavia Tornado GR4's and even Typhoon Eurofighters - I even posted in the Forum about some of their funny call signs such a PYSCHO34....!

    The point is, some fly over NOT displaying any data, cannot see it on the VirtualRadar Screen but the FR24 receiver is still tracking it and a good example of that was yesterday, 4 Spanish Eurofighters flew so low over my house I could READ the registration numbers on the aircraft with the 70-200mm Zoom on my camera, but on VirtualRadar and FR24 - nada, zip, zilch..... except their altitude, speed, heading, make and model of aircraft.
    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

  10. #10
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Antas, Almeria, Spain
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    Why are all that I've seen, lear jets marked the same, just as LJ45's FR24 seem to omit the registration/tail/icao details on them all, at least in Australia anyway.

    These aircraft put out the same data as other aircraft, I can see here for example that LJ45 is actually identified as:
    AM451
    ICAO: 7c6d4c

    I've seen this to be common for some time on other lear jets as well, not just 451, FR24 always dont display the rego.

    Hey, read page 33 of this from the official Australian Air Authorities...

    http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/...1-11-MAY15.pdf
    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •