Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lear Jets

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonLee View Post
    Hey, read page 33 of this from the official Australian Air Authorities...

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/...1-11-MAY15.pdf
    Thats a bit of a finger point clarification
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

First officer

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/...1-11-MAY15.pdf
    ?? and your point is supposed to be what?

First officer
    Actually, if what you said was true, then no military aircraft would ever show up in FR24, but the fact is they do and very frequently over the Med with US Radar Tracking and Re-fuelers seen on most days, as are British RAF Panavia Tornado GR4's and even Typhoon Eurofighters - I even posted in the Forum about some of their funny call signs such a PYSCHO34....!

The point is, some fly over NOT displaying any data, cannot see it on the VirtualRadar Screen but the FR24 receiver is still tracking it and a good example of that was yesterday, 4 Spanish Eurofighters flew so low over my house I could READ the registration numbers on the aircraft with the 70-200mm Zoom on my camera, but on VirtualRadar and FR24 - nada, zip, zilch..... except their altitude, speed, heading, make and model of aircraft.

There is no other explanation, careflight has NOT requested suppression, so FR24 have taken it upon themselves to implement their own version of the great firewall of china, in fact I recall the time of MH370, there were a number of learjets all suppressed, as for military? some australian military aircraft both rotary and fixed also appear of fr24.
    AM451 appears without fault on planefinder and other feeder sites, but not here that means they are deliberately filtering.

Captain
    That document has been around for ages and is directed at aircraft owners/operators. I fail to see the relevance to this particular discussion.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad77 View Post
    Could not agree more, I think you can add Boelng Business Jets to that ever increasing list of "Blocked aircraft types". there is no way known
    that every owner of these aircraft types has made a request to have their data blocked, easy solution block the lot.....well done FR NOT!
    I just noticed a Boeing Business Jet - very imaginative call sign too - B737!

Passenger
    The two RAAF BBJ business jets are regularly seen on FR24 despite being classified as military. These carry the leaders of the country.

I also regularly see Lear jets working in military training roles, although their details are sanitised a bit (no ICAO code, no registration code). Perhaps the assertion that all these are all blocked is wrong.

First officer
    Pel-Air's Lear Jets VH-SLD, SLE, SLF and SLJ, use to be used for military training but now stored, were sanitised (would be shown but ICAO/Rego and call sign hidden) and not blocked. Maybe it has been easier to sanitise all LJ45 aircraft (most of which are private and military), I don't know but we can only assume.

Looking a little more, only three of the seven Pel-Air's IAI 1124 Westwind (four of which have with ADS-B) are not hidden (VH-KNR, KNS and KNU).
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by stanno View Post
    The two RAAF BBJ business jets are regularly seen on FR24 despite being classified as military. These carry the leaders of the country.

I also regularly see Lear jets working in military training roles, although their details are sanitised a bit (no ICAO code, no registration code). Perhaps the assertion that all these are all blocked is wrong.
    RAAF BBJ VIP aircraft now only appear of FR as aircraft type ie B737, other sites still show the normal information on these aircraft. I'll say it again, FR has taken a shotgun approach to blocking information
    on aircraft.

Captain
    I think all C-13O aircraft information is hidden too.
    Even the C-130 Fire Fighting Air Tanker (VLAT)

First officer
    I think you're right, I did notice that N405LC (Lockheed L100-30) was 'sanitised' when it flew south for a fire in Victoria a month or so ago.
    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2