Funny Callsigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Callsigns

Today I heard a number of fast jets flying locally so popped my head indoors to have a look at my Virtual Radar and FR24.

List

UK Eurofighter E200 Typhoon FGR.4 - Call Sign PYSCHO34
    UK Boeing Sentry AEW1 - Call Sign NATO33
    UK Panavia Tornado GR4 - Call Sign MR11
    UK Panavia Tornado GR4 - Call Sign MR14
    UK Panavia Tornado GR4 - Call Sign MR23

There were two additional Tornados with Call Signs of MR13 & MR12, but they dropped of my list before I could screen grab..!

Must have been on a long flight somewhere, they were accompanied by a US Boeing KC135R Stratotanker.

There was another plane on the list with the call sign MONSTR21 but I could not see what it was..!

My favourite is obviously PSYCHO34 as you can almost imagine what the pilot must be like..

war games.jpg
    Last edited by DemonLee; 2015-10-27, 16:36. Reason: Add image
    If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

The Tornados were likely using the callsign MARHAM.

There was a large exercise on in that area, so they didn't go far. MONSTER was also a Tornado.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleG View Post
      The Tornados were likely using the callsign MARHAM.

There was a large exercise on in that area, so they didn't go far. MONSTER was also a Tornado.
      Cheers Kyle, I thought it might be another Tornado.. being in the middle of two Spanish Airforce Bases, I do pick up a lot of Military Aircraft, can't see them on FR24, but I feed the data into VirtualRadar that shows me the Call Signs if they have them switched on, some don't.

We get a number of the German Tornados over this area as well as German and Spanish Typhoons - the KC135R' s seem to fly over almost on a daily basis!
      If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

Working...
      X