Thread: Background Options

Passenger

Background Options

Hello to the Forum! First Post!

I just completed registration for FlightRadar24 Premium.

Question 1) Are there any options for the "background" in Radar View? As an example, the "background" in the Free Version resembles a quality geo-map. Is it possible to import that "background" from Free into Premium?

Question 2) At 75 years with bad eyes, it is very difficult for me to identify an Airport in Radar View Premium. No matter how far I zoom in, the tiny font never changes. It is basically invisible to me. Of course, this problem would disappear if there was a "positive" answer to Question 1.

Thanks!
    Robin

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by rwier View Post

I just completed registration for FlightRadar24 Premium.

Question 1) Are there any options for the "background" in Radar View? As an example, the "background" in the Free Version resembles a quality geo-map. Is it possible to import that "background" from Free into Premium?

Question 2) At 75 years with bad eyes, it is very difficult for me to identify an Airport in Radar View Premium. No matter how far I zoom in, the tiny font never changes. It is basically invisible to me. Of course, this problem would disappear if there was a "positive" answer to Question 1.

Thanks!
    Robin
    I just noticed, on the sign up - sign in page (not allowed to post the link), near the top, is a row of "example" photos. The "background" in each of these examples appears to be highly satisfactory. My "background" is a solid color. I do have the option to change the color. I want a "background" like those in the "examples".

Thank you!
    Robin

Super Moderator
    Settings - appearance - maptype

Its restricted to what overlays google has.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Super Moderator
    Actually I re-read. It is only available on the app versions. If you mean the web based radarview, then no the default dark is only available. It is a simple view.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Actually I re-read. It is only available on the app versions. If you mean the web based radarview, then no the default dark is only available. It is a simple view.
    Thanks O,

I think I just figured it out! There are two possible views? One is the old familiar "good" one, and the other is the "Radar View". I was under the mistaken belief that the "Radar View" was the Premium View and the old "good" view was the Free View that lacked certain features. I just noticed that in the "good" view my subscription expires in one year. There certainly would be no "subscription" info in the Free View. Please disregard the entire thread. All is well!!!

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by rwier View Post

At 75 years with bad eyes, it is very difficult for me to identify an Airport in Radar View Premium. No matter how far I zoom in, the tiny font never changes. It is basically invisible to me.

Thanks!
    Robin
    You can buy something from eBay to help you see clearer ( and bigger ).

There are Dentist loupes on sale

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dental-loupes

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dental-loupes-2-5x

$(KGrHqN,!q0FBhHPcM7VBQj645O8UQ~~60_35.jpg
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Passenger
    Thanks for your response!