Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking all is well

Hello,

I have been feeding on and off for a while now on my pc with a dtv stick. I have made quite a few upgrades in that time such as building a collinear coaxial antenna which is mounted above my roof line and attaching an LNA4All amplifier and ADSB filter. I am happy with the results given my location, pretty much sea level with houses and trees all around. I am picking up signals from at peak times nearly 200 ac at most up to 170nm away.

I have now however purchased a Raspberry Pi in order to help improve MLAT coverage. Everything seems to be set up and running well. But, I still never see my receiver credited for an aircraft's location.

I`m not that concerned about being credited, but I do worry if the quality of my data or something isnt quite right with the setup. Is there any way of double checking my end? Or is that something that only FR`s own admin could check.

I`m using a RPi 2 b, clean install of raspbian and most recent FR24 software, nothing else installed. I`m using a WiFi connection, but a wired Lan would be possible if it makes a big difference.

This is a recent status..

[ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
    [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-10-19 14:57:46.
    [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EGHI66.
    [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 108.
    [ ok ] Receiver: connected (30302791 MSGS/0 SYNC).
    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
    [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 109.

Linux is all a bit new to me but I`m learning fast. I read somewhere that it is possible to change the gain and offset through the config file. is that something that is best left alone, or should I add in the commands and values? I think my offset should be around -50ppm and the gain setting works best around the 25-30db range.

Think that's about it for now

Cheers,
    Paul.

EGHI-66

I have added the following lines to the config file, no vast improvement noticed, but its still early morning with little traffic.

gain="32"
    ppm="75"

Not receiving any errors, so presume that`s correct?

Also, just noticed I have been credited for a signal... So guess it must be working after all.

Think I have pretty much answered my own questions, but any other input greatly received.

Comment

Working...
    X