Unable to feed since updating to Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to feed since updating to Windows 10

I recently updated from Windows 7 to 10 and ever since then I have not been able to feed to FR24.

I eventually deleted all the old software and have tried to start from fresh, downloading fr24feed_win32_1.0.14-9 and trying to install it.

At first it couldn't find the fr24feed.ini file, but I got over this by creating a blank file with that name. Running the install program filled the blank file with the relevant data enabling me to attempt to start. It seems to want to start. A box opens up showing the commands that are being executed, but it seems to end up in a loop soon after trying to execute mr-dump1090.exe and gets no further.

I am using a DVBT stick to feed, and according to the software manual I need to "install the libusbK.dll driver using Zadig USB Driver Installation utility that you can download from (link address) "........

And that is as far as I can get. Visiting the Zadig site it is not clear what I need to do. There are numerous things to download, but which one do I need?

Can anybody help me to get going and start feeding again please.

Steven

As per prev thread, it over-writes the drivers.

There is not numerous, only 2 based on your OS version. The other links are details about the files contained within

Download Zadig (would have been done previously for your DVBstick to work properly with Dump1090 etc)

Install as per screenshot/guide on that page

http://github.com/pbatard/libwdi/wiki/Zadig selecting the now tv stick as the device.

This will allow direct access to the stick hardware by the app/others that require it.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you Oblivian,

I will check this out later today and let you know how I get on.

Steven.

Comment

I went to the Zadig page you pointed me to, and after a bit of fathoming out, I managed to get it working and I am now feeding again.

Thank you. You were a great help.

Steven

Comment

FR24 has been working fine since October, but I recently noticed that I was no longer signed in, despite regularly feeding data. On checking my account, it seems that I have not fed any data since 12th December, even though I have had the feed going most of the time. Even though I was currently feeding data, my account was saying otherwise.

On checking the FR24 feed program, I found that instead of feeding data, it was failing to log in and was going around in a loop, trying and disconnecting. I have attached a screen shot of the window.

So can anybody please tell me what I do now to sort this out and get feeding again.

Steven. FR24feed.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X