Feed from middle of The Atlantic Ocean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feed from middle of The Atlantic Ocean

I'm new to the forum but feeding to FR24 for years. I was wondering while I flew over Atlantic last week, Is it possible to feed with ADS-B receiver from inside of a aircraft of it own course. I mean middle of the ocean no one can track it but with on board wifi and a receiver it should be possible. Isn't it?

eeh possibly

Comment

I am almost certain this is possible, as long as you can be connected to the internet and the ADS-B signals are picked up, you should be able to feed.
      T-KUNV2 - Tyrone, PA, DVB-T Stick with stock antenna
      F-KUNV1 - FR24 Reciever, serving University Park airport and surrounding area, in temporary position currently.

Comment

If you place the antenna in the window you may pickup some signals from other nearby planes. I can get ~100NM reception with my DVB-T stick and stock antenna on my car. If you were sitting in the middle, i doubt it since the skin of the aircraft will act like a Faraday cage around you. When I fly (as a commercial passenger), the only way I can map our flight on Avare or Garmin pilot is if I stick my phone in the window to acquire the GPS signal.
        Feed Provider:
        F-KDWH1
        T-KDWH8 (Experimental UAT)

Comment

GNS 5890 ADS-B dongle test during flight TPE to HK.Unbelievable but works also in the cabin with limited view to the sky.Very nice to see during take off and...
          F-KDAG1

Comment

Working...
          X