Setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup help

I've been uploading data to FR24 for a while now and just saw that the new software that I needed to update to.

Upon opening the new program and getting it set up and started, it seems like it gets stuck in a loop on connecting and terminating. The triangles in the lower right corner of the screen never go fully green and yellow. Only the top one changes to green and the lower stays red, before the top goes back to red again. Not sure if I'm missing something on setting up the new software or what. I'm running adsbSCOPE with the RTL1090 BETA 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by jsny05 View Post
    I've been uploading data to FR24 for a while now and just saw that the new software that I needed to update to.

Upon opening the new program and getting it set up and started, it seems like it gets stuck in a loop on connecting and terminating. The triangles in the lower right corner of the screen never go fully green and yellow. Only the top one changes to green and the lower stays red, before the top goes back to red again. Not sure if I'm missing something on setting up the new software or what. I'm running adsbSCOPE with the RTL1090 BETA 2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Theres a couple of very active topics based around the new feeder already if you delve into the last few pages
    Raspebrry Pi
    Windows

If you are running ADSBScope and RTl1090 already there are a few decisions to be made. And a flow of data to work out before things will work as they should.
    The old feeder used basestation 30003 output that one of these 2 would have been providing.

The new feeder has the ability to take control of the hardware (much like those other apps) directly and cannot work alongside without some reconfiguration

If you insist on RTL1090 being the primary source then you need to use the web interface of FR24feed http://localhost:8754 and change the setup to connect to the AVR output of RTL1090 (if enabled) on 31001
    If you want FR24feed to be the control, you need to configure those other apps to use the ports FR24feed using Dump1090 can offer. 30002
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

By chance is there a step by step that some one has come up with for it? I'm running all my stuff on XP.

I think I might have to keep it with the RTL1090 route, at the moment. Not sure if the Mode-S program running too will work with FR24feed being in control or not.

Comment

Nope. Not often that there are 2 identical setups with the various apps and options they come with. It's a matter of becoming familiar with the apps you use and the way they work and be configured independently to get them to run together. Sadly the 1 click Wonder guides don't teach anything other than "it runs if you do this", so what works for one may not for the other

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Well, looks like I got a bit of tinkering to try to figure out. Took me a bit to get this set up all going the first time.

Comment

hello. i think there are 2 identical setups with the various apps and options they come with

Comment

Originally posted by davil View Post
              hello. i think there are 2 identical setups with the various apps and options they come with
              Wow.

I wish I got paid peanuts to sit in a room full of others to copy past rubbish on forums when I can't string a real sentence together just so someone might click the hoax footlocker codes I just put in my signature.

Not. Seeya.

Banned

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

And for anyone else who sees these type of posts, if you are not entirely sure don't hesitate to google the username or click the username and see what the website/signature of the user is listed as. If it looks sus, report it. We are currently being bombarded by a callcentre type setup in india and spain where real life people are copy/pasting up to 4 posts at a time and then re-editing a day or 2 later with spam/scam/backlinks

Exhibit A

Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-10-02, 03:17.

Comment

Working...
              X