Prefixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prefixes?

I did a search and didn't find anything. But I'm trying to figure out what makes FR24 assign a prefix of T- versus F- to someone? My radar is T-KTMB2, but I can never find any tracks with it. With F-KTMB2, there are dozens.

F is a fr24 supplied receiver (official) and a T feeder is anything else.

As for seeing yourself on the web page, its pot luck. The website generally shows the freshest data.

That being said the web page doesn't change the source of the track that quickly so it may be your data is being used but the website doesnt say so. It would be a crazy amount of internet traffic and server load for it to be dynamic.
    T-EGLF8

Comment

Yeah I imagine it would be. Pretty interesting though. Obviously the system has some sort of algorithm that picks a certain track over another.

Thanks for the info! Cool.

Comment

Obviously the system has some sort of algorithm that picks a certain track over another.
        The system focuses on the quality of the data frames. I suspect that many T- feeders are using a dongle with the stock indoor antenna. First thing I'd do is check your polar plot under stats, then move your antenna outside and as high as possible, temporarily. Then re-check your polar plot. Guys here have had enormous increases in range (and better quality data frames, possibly) just by re-positioning their antenna.
        F-KDAG1

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Reeves View Post
          The system focuses on the quality of the data frames. I suspect that many T- feeders are using a dongle with the stock indoor antenna. First thing I'd do is check your polar plot under stats, then move your antenna outside and as high as possible, temporarily. Then re-check your polar plot. Guys here have had enormous increases in range (and better quality data frames, possibly) just by re-positioning their antenna.
          You're partly right. I have the FR24Feeder on a linux box, with the RTL dongle. It feeds to a 30 foot mast mounted ontop of my roof, which is already 15 feet or so high. So it's about 45 feet. The antenna is about half way down the mast at the moment, but will be moving it to the top tomorrow. There is also a discone and VHF antenna mounted at various positions on the mast. They run down to my house via Quad Shield RG6, grounded multiple times (because I live in Miami). There are some oak trees on the South and West side of the house, but they're not too thick, or tall. Probably around 35 feet? There are no buildings that would obstruct my view of the horizon.

histo.png

I know I'm not nearly getting the range I should get based off my antenna mount. I see some people here getting ridiculous ranges compared to mine.

Comment

Radarcape box owners use T-xxxx for their code.

F- vs T- and other prefixes talked about on Post #6 on this thread.
            All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
            Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2015-09-27, 19:49.
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Gotcha. Cool:

Radar Feeder Key Codes:
              Radar: NET1 = Users feeding from Planeplotter software.
              Radar: T-F4V = Network receivers all over the world from AirNav Systems ADS-B Data Network. [Feed Discontinued]
              Radar: T-FAX = Network receivers all over the world. [Feed Discontinued]
              Radar: F-xxxx = FR24 boxes / Hardware feeders.
              Radar: T-xxxx = Users owned boxes uploading to FR24 / Software feeders.
              Radar: N-xxxx = Networked SBS-1 users uploading.
              Radar: R12* R13* are just temporary codes assigned automatically by the system, before FR24 receivers have been assigned correct code manually.
              Radar: R1a* = Temporary Radar codes on the upload Software & Server.
              Radar: T-PP1 = Users feeding with Planeplotter software.

Comment

Originally posted by T-KTMB2 View Post
                Gotcha. Cool:

Radar Feeder Key Codes:
                Radar: NET1 = Users feeding from Planeplotter software.
                Radar: T-F4V = Network receivers all over the world from AirNav Systems ADS-B Data Network. [Feed Discontinued]
                Radar: T-FAX = Network receivers all over the world. [Feed Discontinued]
                Radar: F-xxxx = FR24 boxes / Hardware feeders.
                Radar: T-xxxx = Users owned boxes uploading to FR24 / Software feeders.
                Radar: N-xxxx = Networked SBS-1 users uploading.
                Radar: R12* R13* are just temporary codes assigned automatically by the system, before FR24 receivers have been assigned correct code manually.
                Radar: R1a* = Temporary Radar codes on the upload Software & Server.
                Radar: T-PP1 = Users feeding with Planeplotter software.
                Regarding "temporary" codes there is also a series that commence RX. There is nearly always one visible around Melbourne, Australia. The digits/characters following RX change daily - right now it is RX-RC001 - tomorrow it will be different. It never metamorphosises into a real feeder code. Another FR24 mystery.

Comment

It's a surprise to me there are so many "official" F- radars in western europe, it looks like they gave them like free candies.
                  There are plenty of T- to feed correctly the region

Comment

Working...
                  X