Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feed not working after Win 10 upgrade and loading of latest fr24feed application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Yes. Right tuner and chipset.

Leave it going when you see that, if the screen does not scroll with any data after running for a while, you have no reception
    Thanks, problem is gone!

Comment

dump1090okt.png

Getting the "terminated message"
      Zadig shows no devices in the dropdown menu.
      MrDump closes immediately after showing this text.
      What to do?

Comment

Originally posted by AMdinSTratus View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8936[/ATTACH]

Getting the "terminated message"
        Zadig shows no devices in the dropdown menu.
        MrDump closes immediately after showing this text.
        What to do?
        Fault with USB stick (it's not even showing ) or drivers already specified

Need to test stick elsewhere or use zadig show hidden device method from their site

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-10-31, 20:28.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Same problem

Fault with USB stick (it's not even showing ) or drivers already specified

Need to test stick elsewhere or use zadig show hidden device method from their site

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
          My PC is doing this also and this issue only occurred after completing a Win10 update. I either try and resolve or roll back the update if possible

Edit: This is now working, since going into Zadig, it shows no devices but can see the USB once 'List all devices' is selected. I'd suggest something in the win10 update cause this to reset.
          Last edited by lujoki; 2017-11-01, 03:12.

Comment

Originally posted by lujoki View Post
            My PC is doing this also and this issue only occurred after completing a Win10 update. I either try and resolve or roll back the update if possible

Edit: This is now working, since going into Zadig, it shows no devices but can see the USB once 'List all devices' is selected. I'd suggest something in the win10 update cause this to reset.
            That'd be why I mentioned use the method

W10 updates both security updates and drivers. Often blacklisting or installing what it thinks your devices need. Which is why Zadig was needed to be re-run on Windows 7 to 10 upgrades. Same thing, major versions are as good as a fresh driver re-check install
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

It was mentioned somewhere that if the device doesn't show up on the first menu, it's probably already running the right drivers and overwriting them could cause irreversible damage. Should I try zadig on it anyways?
              How can you tell that the stick isn't showing? It says that 1 device is found but god knows what those symbols means.

Comment

mrdump2.png
                As mrDump shuts down the same second it displays the results, it's really hard to printscreen it but this is what I got after running the device through zadig. I actually managed to get it to feed after about 8 pings, then I restarted the program and it's back to the "connection terminated" process.
                Just lovely.

Comment

Got it running after I unplugged the device physically. If that has to be done every time something goes down, well then it's just a piece of cheese.

Comment

It was mentioned somewhere that if the device doesn't show up on the first menu, it's probably already running the right drivers and overwriting them could cause irreversible damage. Should I try zadig on it anyways?
                    How can you tell that the stick isn't showing? It says that 1 device is found but god knows what those symbols means.
                    Got it running after I unplugged the device physically. If that has to be done every time something goes down, well then it's just a piece of cheese.
                    How can you tell its not showing? Because an actual RTL supported device is normally presented to Dump1090 (when drivers loaded) as the correct name
                    Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

The garbage one is something W10 appears to do to something else USB related that systems come with. And visible when they are present or not.

Sure the one you have isn't overheating or is actually the right sort of device/Chipset?

Comment

How can you tell its not showing? Because an actual RTL supported device is normally presented to Dump1090 (when drivers loaded) as the correct name

The garbage one is something W10 appears to do to something else USB related that systems come with. And visible when they are present or not.

Sure the one you have isn't overheating or is actually the right sort of device/Chipset?
                      I have the "Quality USB 2.0 Digital DVB-T SDR+DAB+FM HDTV Tuner Receiver RTL2832U+R820T2 SCA"

It's running OK since 6 hours. This model has a tiny connector for the antenna. Must figure out its name and build a better antenna for outdoors use.
                      How can I use this setup to monitor the information that it receives without looking on the flightradar general map?

Comment

I have the "Quality USB 2.0 Digital DVB-T SDR+DAB+FM HDTV Tuner Receiver RTL2832U+R820T2 SCA"

It's running OK since 6 hours. This model has a tiny connector for the antenna. Must figure out its name and build a better antenna for outdoors use.
                        How can I use this setup to monitor the information that it receives without looking on the flightradar general map?
                        Mcx or rpsma connectors.

Look in above link for graphical dump1090 output and vrs(virtual radar server)

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

You dont have to unplug-replug the dongle every time. This happens rarely, if the dongle was either not inserted fully, or it was pulled out slightly due to pull by antenna cable.

Often this problem is caused due to more than one instances of fr24feed.exe and mr-dump1090 running in background. In such case, you have to first close ALL instances of these two apps, then restart fr24feed.exe.

Alt+Ctrl+Delete > Task Manager > Details Tab > scroll down to find fr24feed.exe and mr-dump1090.exe, and "End Task" all the instances. Now run fr24feed.exe.
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2017-11-02, 18:56.

Comment

There are two ways to do it. Use either Method-1 OR Method-2.

METHOD-1:
                            Edit file fr24feed.ini and add a new line shown below:
                            procargs="--net --net-http-port 8080"

Save the file fr24feed.ini, and Restart the fr24feed.exe

METHOD-2:
                            In your browser, type localhost:8754/settings.html and in the blank row "Process arguments" add following entry:
                            --net --net-http-port 8080

Now click Save button and then Restart button, both at bottom right of the settings page.

TO SEE THE MAP:
                            After adding "Process Arguments" by Method-1 or Method-2, and restarting the fr24feed.exe, type localhost:8080 in your browser, and the map will display.

Last edited by abcd567; 2017-11-02, 18:45.

Comment

The solution: include this line on fr24feed.ini. Between Raw and logmode lines

procargs="--device-index 1 --net --net-http-port 8080"

I had the same problem and this solved it
                              Attached Files

Comment

That solution refers to the problem of the update of win10 that prevents fr24feed from working and does not recognize the usb

Comment

Working...
                                X