Coverage and new feeders in Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coverage and new feeders in Chile

Hello! im from Chile and a new user of FlightRadar24...
    I saw that i can send a request to get a ADS-B receiver free but i have a question (maybe someone can answer): In my city Concepción, now is only one feeder and i want to be another one, but ¿is possible 2 feeders in the same city?
    Here we got an airport with a medium traffic (20 airline flights per day) and very important airways over the city and the coverage now is deficient sometimes
    I read about MLAT coverage and 2 feeders in the same city could help to increase that coverage...

Please someone more experienced answer my question because im a aviation world fan and i want to contribute to this website

Thanks!
    PD: Mi english isn´t very well, please excuse me :P

Last time I noticed they were 45 feeder in my city , don't worry about it

same city every station provide data from same plane but can can be very different result , it depend on plane's alt ,speed ,weather etc , more station can make sure the data going smooth .
    T-ZSSS32 F-ZSSS1 force shutdown by local regulation

Comment

Originally posted by juan_95 View Post
      Hello! im from Chile and a new user of FlightRadar24...
      I saw that i can send a request to get a ADS-B receiver free but i have a question (maybe someone can answer): In my city Concepción, now is only one feeder and i want to be another one, but ¿is possible 2 feeders in the same city?
      Here we got an airport with a medium traffic (20 airline flights per day) and very important airways over the city and the coverage now is deficient sometimes
      I read about MLAT coverage and 2 feeders in the same city could help to increase that coverage...

Please someone more experienced answer my question because im a aviation world fan and i want to contribute to this website

Thanks!
      PD: Mi english isn´t very well, please excuse me :P
      Hi Juan

I'm from Chile too (Santiago). Two months ago I requested a receiver. Until today I don't have response about it. Therefore, I bought a raspberry pi with 1090mhz antenna.

There are few receivers throughout the country, most of them in Santiago.

I hope that FR24 approve your request to improve coverage.

Saludos!
      Feeder: T-SCTI7

Comment

Originally posted by vicbeo View Post
        Hi Juan

I'm from Chile too (Santiago). Two months ago I requested a receiver. Until today I don't have response about it. Therefore, I bought a raspberry pi with 1090mhz antenna.

There are few receivers throughout the country, most of them in Santiago.

I hope that FR24 approve your request to improve coverage.

Saludos!
        Hola, la verdad siempre es bueno tener un respaldo jajaj ¿como lo hiciste para comprar ese receptor y que tal el alcance? la verdad entiendo del tema, el problema es que por lo que anduve viendo sale un poco caro traerlos (algunos cuestan 25 euros, pero el envio un dineral) La verdad quiero uno y si no es muy caro mil veces mejor que sea uno propio...
        Last edited by juan_95; 2015-07-18, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by juan_95 View Post
          Hola, la verdad siempre es bueno tener un respaldo jajaj ¿como lo hiciste para comprar ese receptor y que tal el alcance? la verdad entiendo del tema, el problema es que por lo que anduve viendo sale un poco caro traerlos (algunos cuestan 25 euros, pero el envio un dineral) La verdad quiero uno y si no es muy caro mil veces mejor que sea uno propio...
          Te dejo una imagen de mi alcance actual.

2015-07-18_18-28-04.jpg

Si gustas escríbeme a vbeoriza@gmail.com y puedo ayudarte.

Saludos!
          Feeder: T-SCTI7

Comment

Working...
          X