Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple receivers 1 dump1090 ?

Hi

I want to see different airports in 1 single installation of dump1090. It is possible ? I am living in Canada and my parents in Spain, so i want to put different dongles to feed data to a vps in digitalocean with live IP. I should be able to enter to my live IP in my work & see both airports data from

Ex: Dngle 1 (IP: 192.168.1.254 (sample)) in my house sends data to VPS (IP: 199.59.148.87 (sample)) & dongle 2 (IP: 192.168.0.254 (sample)) in parent's house send data to VPS (IP: 199.59.148.87 (sample)) Finally when I enter to ht tp://199.59.148.87/ see dump1090 interactive map with both airports data.

Code:
                        VPS server
                        w/ live IP
                        & dump1090
                           ____ 
                          |====|
        |_|_|             |    |             |_|_| 
       [____°] ---------->|    |<---------- [____°]
                          |____|
     my dongle                \             parent's
     w/ dump1090               \            dongle  w/ dump1090
                                \
                                 \
                                  \
                                 __v_   __ 
          my PC                 |    | |==|
          here I see my live IP |____| |  |
          w/ dump1090 installed /::::/ |__|
    Thanks

Originally posted by rogelio View Post
    Hi

I want to see different airports in 1 single installation of dump1090. It is possible ? I am living in Canada and my parents in Spain, so i want to put different dongles to feed data to a vps in digitalocean with live IP. I should be able to enter to my live IP in my work & see both airports data from

Ex: Dngle 1 (IP: 192.168.1.254 (sample)) in my house sends data to VPS (IP: 199.59.148.87 (sample)) & dongle 2 (IP: 192.168.0.254 (sample)) in parent's house send data to VPS (IP: 199.59.148.87 (sample)) Finally when I enter to ht tp://199.59.148.87/ see dump1090 interactive map with both airports data.

Code:
                        VPS server
                        w/ live IP
                        & dump1090
                           ____ 
                          |====|
        |_|_|             |    |             |_|_| 
       [____°] ---------->|    |<---------- [____°]
                          |____|
     my dongle                \             parent's
     w/ dump1090               \            dongle  w/ dump1090
                                \
                                 \
                                  \
                                 __v_   __ 
          my PC                 |    | |==|
          here I see my live IP |____| |  |
          w/ dump1090 installed /::::/ |__|
    Thanks
    Have seen a few web examples of this, yes.

ModeSMixer is used, or the built in network input of dump1090

Over on Gough's Tech Zone blog, Lui has posted a writeup about his experiences with combining multiple remote RTL-SDR ADS-B receivers to privately obtain ADS-B aircraft data from multiple antenna's at multiple locations. His setup is shown in a diagram below. He has one remote antenna connected to a Raspberry Pi, one to a remote PC and one to his main PC. In order to do this he used the Linux based dump1090 ADSB-B decoder and hub software on his main PC. Lui was even able to compile and run the ADS-B hub portion of dump1090 on his Windows PC using Cygwin,

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      Have seen a few web examples of this, yes.

ModeSMixer is used, or the built in network input of dump1090

Over on Gough's Tech Zone blog, Lui has posted a writeup about his experiences with combining multiple remote RTL-SDR ADS-B receivers to privately obtain ADS-B aircraft data from multiple antenna's at multiple locations. His setup is shown in a diagram below. He has one remote antenna connected to a Raspberry Pi, one to a remote PC and one to his main PC. In order to do this he used the Linux based dump1090 ADSB-B decoder and hub software on his main PC. Lui was even able to compile and run the ADS-B hub portion of dump1090 on his Windows PC using Cygwin,

http://sonicgoose.com/combining-and-...h-modesmixer2/
      Wow thanks Oblivian! I am reading.

modesmixer looks nice, but no source code aviable

Comment

Working...
      X