• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• try this:

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

add this lines to the file
    nameserver 8.8.8.8
    nameserver 8.8.4.4

save the file restart your rpi and try again but first run apt update and apt upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mrcarlos View Post
      try this:

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

add this lines to the file
      nameserver 8.8.8.8
      nameserver 8.8.4.4

save the file restart your rpi and try again but first run apt update and apt upgrade.

mrcarlos,
      I am able to get to the Internet, Google and any other place via DNS. It's only this script that's failing.

Comment

• that sounds like apt get can't resolve some http connections changing resolv. conf file solve that problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrcarlos View Post
          that sounds like apt get can't resolve some http connections changing resolv. conf file solve that problem.

Looks like I already had those in there, same result....

Comment

• Seems the MLAT vs 30002/30005 AVR vs Beast indifference questioning has been taken out of our hands

Latest version, localhost:30002 specified in the port. Chose AVR tcp and its done a detection and modification itself.

2017-06-14 20:50:52 | [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT-TCP-BEAST-RAW receiver via (tcp://localhost:30005)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• How do I update to the latest version of the feeder clients?

Comment

• Dear All,

I changed the position of my antenna, latitude and longitude are the same but now is 3 meters higher. How can I modify this parameter in the fr24 feeder software on raspberry?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Aero Club Latina View Post
                  I changed the position of my antenna, latitude and longitude are the same but now is 3 meters higher. How can I modify this parameter in the fr24 feeder software on raspberry?
                  3 meters makes no difference for the calculation, there is no need.

/M
                  F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
                  T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
                  P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
                  mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMac View Post
                    3 meters makes no difference for the calculation, there is no need.

/M
                    You are right, but in case there is a large change in elevation, or location, the following command will open a dialog where antenna height, latitude and longitude can be re-entered:

sudo fr24feed --signup
                    Last edited by abcd567; 2017-06-26, 23:27.

Comment

• Since two weeks my feeder is offline du to erros.
                      The logfile output (fr24feed.log) is:
                      | [reader][i]Connecting to AVR-TCP receiver via (avr-tcp://127.0.0.1:30002)
                      | [reader][e]Could not connect to avr-tcp://127.0.0.1:30002
                      So the first step was to reboot my pi. The next step was to execute the dump1090 command with the following output:
                      Found 1 device(s):
                      0: ??~, c, SN: ȥ (currently selected)
                      usb_open error -3
                      Please fix the device permissions, e.g. by installing the udev rules file rtl-sdr.rules
                      Error opening the RTLSDR device: Permission denied
                      So I think this tells me that the connection to the antenna is broken.

Any advice to repaire the feeder?

Comment

• Originally posted by dredav View Post
                        Since two weeks my feeder is offline du to erros.
                        The logfile output (fr24feed.log) is:

So the first step was to reboot my pi. The next step was to execute the dump1090 command with the following output:
                        So I think this tells me that the connection to the antenna is broken.

Any advice to repaire the feeder?
                        That is more than an antenna issue, antenna would still allow stick to work but not receive. That is an issue connecting to the USB Device (name should be populated)

Had a storm recently? its possibly been zapped with static.
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi,

i just installed FR24 on my Pi 1 B+ but something isn't working.
                          Feed is connected to the server but no airplanes are found.

I use the jetvision R820T2 ADS-B USB dongle.

2017-08-10 20:40:56 | [reader][i]Connection terminated
                          2017-08-10 20:40:56 | [main][i]Terminating child process 2387 with SIGTERM
                          2017-08-10 20:41:02 | [reader][i]Connecting to DVBT receiver via (exe:///usr/lib/fr24/dump1090 --raw --mlat)
                          2017-08-10 20:41:02 | [reader][i]Connected to the receiver, configuring
                          2017-08-10 20:41:02 | [reader][i]Configured, processing messages
                          No supported RTLSDR devices found.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin94 View Post
                            Hi,

i just installed FR24 on my Pi 1 B+ but something isn't working.
                            Feed is connected to the server but no airplanes are found.

I use the jetvision R820T2 ADS-B USB dongle.
                            Pi image or scripted install and did you notice any errors during.

That smells of dud usb, no power to it or libsdr didn't install to detect device.

Take a look under the Linux specific area for some USB probe commands

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              Pi image or scripted install and did you notice any errors during.

That smells of dud usb, no power to it or libsdr didn't install to detect device.

Take a look under the Linux specific area for some USB probe commands

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                              Found the problem!

Turns out the Raspberry Pi B+ USB power (600 mA) is not enough to drive the DVBT stick.
                              The system is working fine now with an USB HUB. Buying a Raspberry Pi 3 should solve the power problem.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

• My Fr24 feeder isn't picking up data from dump1090-mutability on port 30005.Piaware is also recieving data from the same port.Tried beast and avrr also on different ports.
                                ex-NZAL1

Comment

Working...
                                X