This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theoreticalking View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I run the removal steps for v14? Thanks.
    I've just been looking into the upgrade script some more and change log.

You are going to IP /dump1090 I take it? (thats what FR24feed is now enabling)

Anyway, The standard commands

pgrep -l dump1090
    sudo kill -n <ids that above will show>

sudo apt-get remove dump1090-mutability

Then proceed to do the standard .15-dev install abcd567 provided in the stickies

Once it's back on hopefully all should be well as fr24feed will still be configured for AVRTCP/BeastTCP
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      I've just been looking into the upgrade script some more and change log.

You are going to IP /dump1090 I take it? (thats what FR24feed is now enabling)

Anyway, The standard commands

pgrep -l dump1090
      sudo kill -n <ids that above will show>

sudo apt-get remove dump1090-mutability

Then proceed to do the standard .15-dev install abcd567 provided in the stickies

Once it's back on hopefully all should be well as fr24feed will still be configured for AVRTCP/BeastTCP
      This didn't work for me.
      Removed dump1090 as you say but when i installed the .15 version the map still does not work

Comment

• Originally posted by gleve View Post
        This didn't work for me.
        Removed dump1090 as you say but when i installed the .15 version the map still does not work
        Followed from step 6 also I take it?
        . Last update: March 08, 2022 NOTE: (1) Do NOT install the dump1090-mutability on Pi24 img and Piaware img. Both these images already have their integral dump1090. (2) TO HAVE A TROUBLE FREE INSTALLATION, IT IS REQUIRED TO MAKE A FRESH INSTALL, AS SHOWN BELOW: (a) Format microSD Card (b) Write Raspbian Image. (c) Install

There may be some new issues introduced with the changes FR24 team made, it also makes virtual links and enables the lighttpd service which may need to be reverted back

Number of things to try. Add the :8080/dump1090
        Try without either specified
        Ctrl-F5 to force reload of the browser cache

And of course ensure rebooting device when changing versions
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Followed from step 6 also I take it?

There may be some new issues introduced with the changes FR24 team made, it also makes virtual links and enables the lighttpd service which may need to be reverted back

Number of things to try. Add the :8080/dump1090
          Try without either specified
          Ctrl-F5 to force reload of the browser cache

And of course ensure rebooting device when changing versions
          Didn't work.
          I removed fr24feed and now it's back again.

Comment

Didn't work.
            I removed fr24feed and now it's back again.
            We've discovered some more quirks in the other thread for people with -15dev :/ and trying to get to bottom of it.

Changes permissions of files somewhere it seems. Removing it may just be crashing out the copy it auto-launches.

Was there 2 instances in pgrep showing?

Comment

We've discovered some more quirks in the other thread for people with -15dev :/ and trying to get to bottom of it.

Changes permissions of files somewhere it seems. Removing it may just be crashing out the copy it auto-launches.

Was there 2 instances in pgrep showing?
              No, just one.
              After i re-install fr24feed the map will not work regardless if i stop the service or not. I have to uninstall it to make it work again.
              Can you post the link for the other thread?

Comment

• Running the install commands manually with output doesn't bode well

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/lib/fr24 $ lighty-enable-mod dump1090
                failure: No such file or directory
                Run "service lighttpd force-reload" to enable changes

It seems it doesn't recognise the virtual link to dump1090 for a start.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Comment

After i re-install fr24feed the map will not work regardless if i stop the service or not.
                  In my case the reason for that was, that my pre-existing dump1090-mutability didn't had access to /run/dump1090-mutability anymore after upgrading fr24feed, so it couldn't update the json files for the web interface.
                  Changing the permissions of /run/dump1090-mutability so that the user/group dump1090 had access to it was the workaround.
                  Last edited by helios; 2018-01-20, 08:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoreticalking View Post
                    The new fr24feed killed my dump1090-mutability v1.15dev live map whenever I have fr24feeder on. Map works fine with fr24feed off. Able to feed to fr24 with Beast node (tcp) 30005.

Getting the following on dump1090.php:
                    Problem fetching data from dump1090.
                    The data from dump1090 hasn't been updated in a while. Maybe dump1090 is no longer running?
                    The displayed map data will be out of date.
                    OK, I had a bung one too. Now fixed

It needed httpd to be flushed to find the dump1090 install version

Once you have the version of dump1090 you want installed:

sudo apt-get remove --purge lighttpd
                    sudo apt-get install lighttpd
                    sudo lighty-enable-mod dump1090
                    sudo service lighttpd force-reload

Comment

• Originally posted by helios View Post
                      In my case the reason for that was, that my pre-existing dump1090-mutability didn't had access to /run/dump1090-mutability anymore after upgrading fr24feed. Changing the permissions of /run/dump1090-mutability so that the user/group dump1090 had access to it was the workaround.
                      True, but you have to do it every time you restart.
                      will try to figure out how fr24feed handles those permissions

Edit: I changed the service file in /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service and now in line 12 i have the correct user

ExecStartPre=-/bin/chown -R dump1090:nogroup /run/dump1090-mutability /var/log/fr24feed /run/fr24feed /dev/shm/decoder.txt
                      Now the map is working fine even after restarts
                      Last edited by gleve; 2018-01-20, 09:21.

Comment

• If someone wants to play along and confirm it'd be great

I think Post 1 in this thread is now out of date.
                        I purged fr24feed and dump1090-mutability and started following the manual steps to find it fail.. badly

(Reading database ... 60941 files and directories currently installed.)
                        Removing fr24feed (1.0.19-5) ...
                        (Reading database ... 60925 files and directories currently installed.)
                        Purging configuration files for fr24feed (1.0.19-5) ...
                        dpkg: warning: while removing fr24feed, directory '/usr/lib/fr24' not empty so not removed

^^ probably the screwed up permission or cause I didn't remove dump1090-mutability 1st

Setting up fr24feed (1.0.19-5) ...
                        You don't seem to have any dump1090 installed. On the fr24feed start it will automatically install dump1090-mutability.

Err nope. It sure didn't!

Now have NO copy of dump1090 on system. Auto config sets it up in AVRTCP localhost but fails.

Pruned the /usr/bin/fr24 folder and retried
                        If you follow the newly edited one linked from feed.flightradar24.com there is a little more success
                        All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Started with the .14 as it suggests..

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/lib $ sudo apt-get install fr24feed
                        The following NEW packages will be installed:
                        fr24feed
                        0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.
                        Need to get 0 B/1,195 kB of archives.
                        After this operation, 563 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                        Selecting previously unselected package fr24feed.
                        (Reading database ... 60920 files and directories currently installed.)
                        Preparing to unpack .../fr24feed_1.0.19-5_armhf.deb ...
                        Unpacking fr24feed (1.0.19-5) ...
                        Setting up fr24feed (1.0.19-5) ...
                        Linking /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability to /usr/lib/fr24/dump1090

The config is STILL not editiable 0.o (is anyone elses?)

If anyone with the web issues wants to go through a total purge and the manual install and see if it fixes it, it'd soon tell the devs theres a script issue again.

Comment

Edit: I changed the service file in /etc/systemd/system/fr24feed.service and now in line 12 i have the correct user
                          Now the map is working fine even after restarts
                          Ah there's the point, thank you. But is a chown for /run/dump1090-mutability even required? I guess that could be just removed as dump1090-mutability should set the permissions itself.

Comment

• Can anyone help with a solution - I can't connect using ip_of_pi:8754 and therefore cannot access the status and settings.

Error Message says:

This site can't be reached
                            <ip_of_pi> refused to connect.
                            ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

ylis

Comment

• Originally posted by helios View Post
                              Ah there's the point, thank you. But is a chown for /run/dump1090-mutability even required? I guess that could be just removed as dump1090-mutability should set the permissions itself.
                              No. Just change the file and restart. That will be a permanent fix.

Remember to reload the services with systemctl daemon-reload before you reboot

Comment

• Originally posted by ylis View Post
                                Can anyone help with a solution - I can't connect using ip_of_pi:8754 and therefore cannot access the status and settings.

Error Message says:

This site can't be reached
                                <ip_of_pi> refused to connect.
                                ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
                                That generally means there is a serious error and it is crashing/not currently running

You will need to use commandline to find out why or edit the config file.

Assuming you are on a RPi, some of the commands are outlined.. https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post74851

you can also edit
                                sudo nano /etc/fr24feed.ini

Comment

Working...
                                X