Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Archived - Beta test MLAT software for Raspberry Pi

Previous version always used TCP for ADS-B first, and then switched to UDP. The new version tries UDP, but the current server does not yet have this option enabled, it will be available early next week. So yes, this is intended,, in the end there will be no TCP connection unless UDP fails.

Passenger
    Need to get 990 kB/1,480 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 1,024 B of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
    Get:1 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ trusty-updates/main libjasper-dev armhf 1.900.1-14ubuntu3.3 [499 kB]
    Get:2 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ trusty-updates/main libjasper1 armhf 1.900.1-14ubuntu3.3 [110 kB]
    Get:3 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ trusty-updates/main libpixman-1-dev armhf 0.30.2-2ubuntu1.1 [174 kB]
    Get:4 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ trusty-updates/main libpixman-1-0 armhf 0.30.2-2ubuntu1.1 [159 kB]
    Get:5 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ trusty-updates/main ifupdown armhf 0.7.47.2ubuntu4.4 [48.6 kB]
    Fetched 990 kB in 2s (451 kB/s)
    (Reading database ... 192879 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../fr24feed_1.0.18-5_armhf.deb ...
    * Stopping FR24 feeder fr24feed
    Killing all children processes
    [ OK ]
    Unpacking fr24feed (1.0.18-5) over (1.0.16-11) ...
    update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/fr24feed exists during rc.d purge (use -f to force)
    dpkg: warning: subprocess old post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
    dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/fr24feed_1.0.18-5_armhf.deb (--unpack):
    subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: error while cleaning up:
    subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Preparing to unpack .../libjasper-dev_1.900.1-14ubuntu3.3_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libjasper-dev (1.900.1-14ubuntu3.3) over (1.900.1-14ubuntu3.2) ...
    Preparing to unpack .../libjasper1_1.900.1-14ubuntu3.3_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libjasper1:armhf (1.900.1-14ubuntu3.3) over (1.900.1-14ubuntu3.2) ...
    Preparing to unpack .../libpixman-1-dev_0.30.2-2ubuntu1.1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libpixman-1-dev (0.30.2-2ubuntu1.1) over (0.30.2-2ubuntu1) ...
    Preparing to unpack .../libpixman-1-0_0.30.2-2ubuntu1.1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libpixman-1-0:armhf (0.30.2-2ubuntu1.1) over (0.30.2-2ubuntu1) ...
    Preparing to unpack .../ifupdown_0.7.47.2ubuntu4.4_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking ifupdown (0.7.47.2ubuntu4.4) over (0.7.47.2ubuntu4.3) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.6.7.1-1ubuntu1) ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    This happens again and again. So i must remove package and then i can reinstall it... Thats not funny. Do am i something wrong or there must be a bug in update script from the package?!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Swen View Post
    This happens again and again. So i must remove package and then i can reinstall it... Thats not funny. Do am i something wrong or there must be a bug in update script from the package?!
    Try this..

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post76036
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

First officer
    Just for positive feedback, the pushed update is working fine for me and feed status on FR24 shows no interruptions since the last time I updated it manually about 4 days ago .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Yes i know, get two sides back in this thread and you will find our discussion about it. But it's not ok if i must reinstall by hand. Then we don't need a package management. The other worse side is that package management will be interrupt in update process... DEB package for easy installation is one side of the coin the other side is to get a valid update or upgrade process.

Flight attendant
    The script broke permanently with error 403.
    The manual install worked however.

After a broken script attempt, you can proceed with the manual method at:
    $ sudo apt-get update
    $ sudo apt-get install fr24feed
    $ fr24feed --signup...

The repositories are already updated.

Happy feeding

Passenger

zero config mlat using ads-b positions to infer the home location?

hello,

just had this idea, most of us typically won't have a GPS device to pinpoint the home location or make errors determining it manually. However lot's of aircraft send their accurate position via ADS-B (the ones for which we do not need MLAT). If we were to MLAT those as well and doing some goniometry juggle it should be possible to infer the receiver location from those measurements, could this be used to create a zero-config type of MLAT for the mode-s transponders?

greetings,

Harm

Flight attendant
    ... far too complicated: use Google Maps, enter your address.
    The coordinates are in the URL. It's just as simple as that.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by hnapel View Post
    hello,

just had this idea, most of us typically won't have a GPS device to pinpoint the home location or make errors determining it manually. However lot's of aircraft send their accurate position via ADS-B (the ones for which we do not need MLAT). If we were to MLAT those as well and doing some goniometry juggle it should be possible to infer the receiver location from those measurements, could this be used to create a zero-config type of MLAT for the mode-s transponders?

greetings,

Harm
    The idea of localizing a receiver by triangulating coordinates and distances is a good idea. It eliminates relying on manual input of coordinates by the feeder who doesn't have a gps. Future project for the FR24 programmers maybe some day .

Edit: AFAIK there is no way to use a GPS or any other automated way to update a receivers coordinates to FR24 yet. That is just an idea so far.
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-03-07 at 06:04.

First officer
    Latest released Rpi fr24feed version is working for me.
    Lost connection with fr24 for awhile and not sure why but manually updated the pi with "sudo apt-get update" and after a restart it works fine .

Edit: Is it true that feeders who have the latest Rpi updates are prevented from cross feeding MLAT data? If that is true, is there a way to push the updates to those offending feeders? In my area, it's T-KSJC12, T-KSJC18 and (a few others) are the worst MLAT leaks in SFO area in that order. Right now T-KSJC12 is the worst MLAT leak and the source of all the phantom planes chasing T-KSJC18's mlat leaks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sam26K; 2016-03-07 at 06:52.