This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I also moved to feeding with the MLAT software. And there is no doubt, with Mutability's Dump1090 I had for more range (300nm to 200nm now) and less CPU usage. Nevertheless, since all the code is on github you could easily compare both versions and help improving.
    I'm running my Pi as Stratum-1 NTP server. The NTP stats show offsets between +/- 0.05ms during daytime while the FR24feeder tells me that my offset is +/-0.001 seconds. How could that happen?
    I mean I've seen the windows feeder syncing to really weird ntp locations. I live in the middle of Europe and it synced against NTPs in Venezuela or New Zealand. Wouldn't it make more sense to geolocate the IP and use [location].ntp.org servers for a more reliable result? I mean my own stat tells me an offset of 0.02ms for more than an hour while fr24feeder stats reports +0.0008 seconds, 5 minutes later -0.0004 seconds.
    If I understand the concept of MLAT correct the most important values are precise location and time.

By the way, what's the meaning of these lines?
    mlat-uplink-stats="0" -> no mlat from my Pi?
    mlat_problem="no-config" -> What's there to config?
    mlat-number-seen="138" -> Seen but not uploaded?

Regards,
    M

Comment

• If testet my equipment a bit on windows with ADSB# and adsbSCOPE. When I deactivate RTL AGC and activate Tuner AGC un ADSB# I get the most frames an best data quality in adsbSCOPE.
      Also I get a good result when I set both of an just put the gain up to 49,6dB

What settings in dumb1090 are equal to those settings in ADSB#? Are some of them "standard"?
      T-EDDC46

Comment

• Just a quick question, was probably answered before...
        Should I share with PI with the same sharing key which I use for my primary radar or should I make another account/key for the PI?

Comment

• vinnyspb,

Hi there, just a thought, if you are getting data from T-feeders for an ADS-B position which you are also getting T-feeder Mode-S MLAT data for, could you not cancel out the data coming from the T-feeder who is sharing the data as ADS-B?? Or maybe isolate who they are and send them an email to let them know they have their piaware<->dump1090->fr24feed configuration incorrect and maybe direct them to explicit instructions which allows them to both run together without breaking the internet? On this occasion I am referring to T-YBBN33 ... ?

Thanks
          T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by crowstone View Post
            By the way, what's the meaning of these lines?
            mlat-uplink-stats="0" -> no mlat from my Pi?
            mlat_problem="no-config" -> What's there to config?
            mlat-number-seen="138" -> Seen but not uploaded?
            mlat-uplink-stats = 0 - nothing uploaded, could be because not enough of other MLAT-receivers in the area.
            mlat_problem - means the last known problem, not exactly the current one. no-config comes from the decoder start when it haven't had enough time yet to receive it.
            mlat-number-seen="138" -> seen both uploaded/not uploaded

Originally posted by dakky View Post
            Just a quick question, was probably answered before...
            Should I share with PI with the same sharing key which I use for my primary radar or should I make another account/key for the PI?
            What do you mean by "primary radar"? You can't share data from 2 radars with one key at the same time.

Originally posted by bhaal View Post
            Hi there, just a thought, if you are getting data from T-feeders for an ADS-B position which you are also getting T-feeder Mode-S MLAT data for, could you not cancel out the data coming from the T-feeder who is sharing the data as ADS-B?? Or maybe isolate who they are and send them an email to let them know they have their piaware<->dump1090->fr24feed configuration incorrect and maybe direct them to explicit instructions which allows them to both run together without breaking the internet? On this occasion I am referring to T-YBBN33 ... ?
            Sorry, I think I didn't fully understand your question. Are you talking about feeding from 2 instances with the same key or?

Comment

• Thanks vinnyspb, and the NTP messages are OK? Thats what makes me more wondering (or explaines the zero mlats)...

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnyspb View Post
                What do you mean by "primary radar"? You can't share data from 2 radars with one key at the same time.
                Thanks, already contacted support and got another key tied to the same account.
                BTW, how do you check if MLAT works, over my area it switches to T-MLAT7 occasionally but the data is really weird.

Comment

• Hi guys!

I'm using data from Flightaware's receiver (version 6.2) for send this data to FR24 by network using an personal computer with fr24feed(windows xp). Raw data and Basestation are enabled.

My question is: I'm collaborating for MLAT coverage?
                  How do I check if MLAT works?

For illustration, this is a image of my fr24feed:cmdfr24.jpg

My identity is T-SBPL2, Brazil.

Tks,
                  Last edited by Edilson.Carlos; 2015-07-26, 16:09.

Comment

• As the topic says, the new MLAT Feature is only for Raspberry Pi/Arm and not for Windows (or OSX).
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
                      As the topic says, the new MLAT Feature is only for Raspberry Pi/Arm and not for Windows (or OSX).
                      OK but FlightAware's receiver works with a Raspberry Pi and I get this data from FA receiver to send for FR24.

Or I'm wrong?

Comment

• You are indeed wrong
                        Regards,
                        T-EDDE7

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
                          You are indeed wrong
                          thanks! I'm sorry... !

Comment

• No worries mate ;D
                            Regards,
                            T-EDDE7

Comment

• Originally posted by Edilson.Carlos View Post
                              OK but FlightAware's receiver works with a Raspberry Pi and I get this data from FA receiver to send for FR24.

Or I'm wrong?
                              You can use RPi to feed the data collected from Flightfeeder to FR24. That's what I am doing!
                              But for FR24 MLAT it's only support RPi platform and DVB-T Dongle. That means you must use DVB-T with RPi in order to contribute on MLAT.

That means we cannot contribute anything on FR24 MLAT so far.
                              Last edited by Dundee; 2015-07-26, 17:24.

Comment

• We just made a public release of the decoder software http://feed.flightradar24.com/
                                For those of you who participate in beta testing there is no need to switch to stable APT repository. Beta repository will always contain current or newer software than stable.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X