Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the changelog for version 1.0.18-7 (2016-07-12)?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
      It would actually be helpful if some people are willing to give it a try, just to see how often this error occurs.
      I did do the upgrade. It worked. These are the steps I did:
      - copy the ini file (sudo cp /etc/fr24feed.ini /etc/fr24feed-backup.ini): just in case
      - stop the fr24feed service (sudo service fr24feed stop)
      - do the "sudo apt-get upgrade"
      - start the fr24feed service (sudo service fr24feed start)
      : success
      uname-a.png
      sudoaptgetupgrade.png
      fr24feederstatus.png
      JRF: T-EDNY19
      South Germany

Comment

• @JonnyBravo:

Sorry for late feedback!!! I don't get a new mail that here is a new post. Don't know why. So uname -a gives me this lines:

Linux odroid 3.8.13.30 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 4 23:45:57 BRT 2015 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Comment

• Thanks Swen, is that on Debian Jessie?

Comment

• Nope:

Linux version 3.8.13.30 (root@xu-b1) (gcc version 4.7.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-12ubuntu1) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 4 23:45:57 BRT 2015
            Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Comment

• It seems like the error has been found, but it doesn't manifest itself on Raspbian hence only certain people are affected.

A big thank you to Swen for helping to test a corrected build of the feeder!

I have asked FR24 support if the correction will be applied to all future upgrades on the standard repository that everyone uses and their reply was:

---------
              Glad to hear that. Well, that's upto the developers to decide, I can't really say anything about that.

Best Regards,
              Muazzam
              Flightradar24
              ---------

Needless to say I am very disappointed with this response...
              Myself and others go out of their way to get to the bottom of an error, pointing out exactly where the problem is, helping to test a rectified build and reporting back to FR24. To then only get the response of: we may implement it, but we may also not do it...

Dissapointed

Comment

• If its up to decide of the developers than stby. We will see on next update.

Comment

• any idea after the install some are failed?

[ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2016-07-31 20:34:59.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                  [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-KVYS1.
                  [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
                  [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
                  [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

Comment

• @nick223
                    This error message indicates that receiver (here dump1090-mutability) is either not running, or not connected to FR24 feeder.

Does map show planes? If yes, then receiver is running, and problem is in connection, may be due to wrong configuration. You can also check status of dump1090 by command
                    Code:
                    sudo service dump1090-mutability status

See below my configurations. You can see and adjust your settings from browser by going to page http://<local ip of your pi>:8754/settings.html.

Screenshot of my settings.html page
                    settings.html.jpg
                    Last edited by abcd567; 2016-07-31, 22:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                      @nick223
                      This error message indicates that receiver (here dump1090-mutability) is either not running, or not connected to FR24 feeder.

Does map show planes? If yes, then receiver is running, problem is in connection, may be due to wrong configuration. See below my configurations. You can see and adjust your settings from browser by going to page http://<local ip of your pi>:8754/settings.html.

Screenshot of my settings.html page
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7858[/ATTACH]
                      I was going to post example working configs in my info/FAQ thread. But it would mean people with no acct cannot see image attachments

Would need to store externally and share link instead.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Still getting the last 2 fail. Plans are appearing on the dump but the receiver and Mlat failed on FR24

● dump1090-mutability.service - LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)
                        Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability)
                        Active: active (running) since Sun 2016-07-31 15:31:14 CDT; 2h 35min ago
                        Process: 363 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                        CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090-mutability.service
                        └─404 /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --net --ppm 0 --fix --lat 41.33...

Jul 31 15:31:14 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutabi....
                        Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick223 View Post
                          Still getting the last 2 fail. Plans are appearing on the dump but the receiver and Mlat failed on FR24

● dump1090-mutability.service - LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutability variant)
                          Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability)
                          Active: active (running) since Sun 2016-07-31 15:31:14 CDT; 2h 35min ago
                          Process: 363 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/dump1090-mutability start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
                          CGroup: /system.slice/dump1090-mutability.service
                          └─404 /usr/bin/dump1090-mutability --net --ppm 0 --fix --lat 41.33...

Jul 31 15:31:14 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: dump1090 daemon (mutabi....
                          Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
                          I'm guessing you still have fr24feed configured for DVBT (auto start dump1090) or another wrong option. Remember there are 2 portions to the app on linux. The uploader, and the SDR connector (Dump1090) - if you already have SDR software running you need to compensate.

When running DEV mode of Dump1090 (or any other separate version) it needs to be set to AVR(TCP) and connect to the AVR output (30002 usually) with servers OFF - as per ABCDs screenshot.

If it is configured correctly but still occuring, You need to stop FR24feed, And start it without service (sudo fr24feed start) to view what is happening.
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I reinstalled FR24 and it worked... Looks like everything is up and running

Comment

• dump 1090 question

So my dump says 7/25

so 7 with positions and 25 total? So am i only reporting planes? What about the other 18?

Comment

• Originally posted by nick223 View Post
                                So my dump says 7/25

so 7 with positions and 25 total? So am i only reporting planes? What about the other 18?
                                I have moved this to a more relevant thread than creating a new one.

Screenshot and more info as to where you are reading this?

Remember Dump1090 virtual view can 'hang on' to aircraft for up to 2mins after being lost. FR24feed only counts ACTIVE data so may not match on-screen figures.

And tracked have full GPS information, mode-s (mlat) do not so are listed in the total

Comment

Working...
                                X