This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by patrick1501 View Post
    I also got this error after rebooting. It will solve itself after a few minutes, I have no explanation why it is like this...
    I have the error since the reboot. 5 hours ago...
    T-LPPT43

Comment

• Sometimes I find you need to completely shut down the Pi (sudo shutdown -h now) remove the power and restart. Sometimes I still need to restart the FR24 software from within the control panel @ :8754.
      In fact as I am writing this I found although I was still online there were no aircraft being decoded - it appeared that dump1090 had stopped working as VRS on port 30003 showed nothing. Also viewing Dump1090 output direct at 8080 brought up an error webpage.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ service fr24feed status
      [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
      [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-12-21 19:45:36.
      [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
      [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EGMC14.
      [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC: 32.
      [ ok ] Receiver: connected (44 MSGS/0 SYNC).
      [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
      [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 0.

So I thought I'd try:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ killall dump1090
      dump1090(5278): Operation not permitted
      dump1090: no process found
      pi@raspberrypi ~ $ dump1090 --net --net-http-port 8080
      -bash: dump1090: command not found

But strangely even though it says command not found all has started working again.

I have no idea where Dump1090 lives - it's not in the root directory and I have no ideas ??

Anyone help ??

John
      Last edited by milair; 2015-12-21, 20:10.
      T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• It start to work at 19H00 (UTC).
        Before my first post I tryed reboots of pi, of fr24feed only, then with no action made from myself it start to work for himself.
        It's my first days with Pi (and Linux).
        T-LPPT43

Comment

• Originally posted by brito03 View Post
          It start to work at 19H00 (UTC).
          Before my first post I tryed reboots of pi, of fr24feed only, then with no action made from myself it start to work for himself.
          It's my first days with Pi (and Linux).
          Glad to hear you are working now, I seem to have a problem again with Dump1090 as this morning although I am still connected to FR24, I have no A/C and I do not see the Dump1090 web screen.

Anyone here know the correct commands (see my last post) Like a lot of users I am a total novice with Linux.

Thanks

John

Hmmm.... After writing this post everything is up and running again ???????
          Last edited by milair; 2015-12-22, 08:31.
          T-EGMC14 -- RTL2832U / R820T+ Raspberry Pi + Dump1090 with home made 8 element colinear 12m above ground level.

Comment

• hello
            i did setup a new raspberry Pi2 with USB RTL receiver, according the official FR24 instructions, sadly i always get this information:
            pi2.JPG
            i did try to find some help thru forum, and the trick with the Modprobe.d /exclusion list change is not getting me help.
            any idea?

i'm not an expert in linux, so i don't know how to proceed!

thank you

Comment

• Regarding the yesterday problem we had a technical issue where connections would not be authenticated properly. It resolved automatically for those of you who run more recent version of our feeding application. Others may need to stop and start it again.

alemino: please make sure there is no other application using the SDR dongle, if this doesn't help please contact our support.

Comment

• well, i did a fresh installation of the linux, installed FR24 feed according the instruction..nothing better..same error..

any idea before i contact support?

Comment

• i did setup a new raspberry Pi2 with USB RTL receiver,
                  Please plug in your USB RTL device and then post the output of
                  Code:
                  lsmod | grep dvb
                  in a terminal.
                  Note | is not a numeral "one" or letter "Ell", it is the "pipe" character, on my UK keyboard it is at the bottom left, above the \ character

Comment

• wrong Thread :/
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by roofer View Post
                      Please plug in your USB RTL device and then post the output of
                      Code:
                      lsmod | grep dvb
                      in a terminal.
                      Note | is not a numeral "one" or letter "Ell", it is the "pipe" character, on my UK keyboard it is at the bottom left, above the \ character

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsmod | grep dvb
                      dvb_usb_rtl28xxu 15531 0
                      dvb_usb_v2 13333 1 dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
                      dvb_core 81557 2 rtl2832,dvb_usb_v2
                      rc_core 16910 13 ir_sharp_decoder,ir_xmp_decoder,lirc_dev,ir_lirc_c odec,dvb_usb_rtl28xxu,ir_rc5_decoder,ir_nec_decode r,ir_sony_decoder,ir_mce_kbd_decoder,ir_jvc_decode r,dvb_usb_v2,ir_rc6_decoder,ir_sanyo_decoder

thank you

Comment

• Anyway I could start interactive map of dump1090 with this package?

Comment

• Hi:
                          Not sure if this has been discussed earlier or in another thread. I just recently installed the FR24 feed on a Raspberry Pi 2. Everything runs great for a few minutes then the software loses the connection to the receiver. I restart the feeder software and everything returns to normal. Any ideas? Thanks

Edit:
                          Turns out it was a power issue. I moved the wi-fi dongle from the onboard USB port to a powered USB hub and everything seems to be running smoothly now.
                          Last edited by cwhite; 2015-12-28, 18:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by alemino View Post
                            pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsmod | grep dvb
                            dvb_usb_rtl28xxu 15531 0
                            dvb_usb_v2 13333 1 dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
                            dvb_core 81557 2 rtl2832,dvb_usb_v2
                            rc_core 16910 13 ir_sharp_decoder,ir_xmp_decoder,lirc_dev,ir_lirc_c odec,dvb_usb_rtl28xxu,ir_rc5_decoder,ir_nec_decode r,ir_sony_decoder,ir_mce_kbd_decoder,ir_jvc_decode r,dvb_usb_v2,ir_rc6_decoder,ir_sanyo_decoder

thank you
                            Thanks, sorry for slow reply but I expected FR24 to email me that you had replied....

This shows that the modules dvb_usb_rtl28xxu dvb_usb_v2 13333 dvb_core are loaded. They have 'control' of your dongle, so dump1090 cannot use it.
                            You need to blacklist those modules, which are for watching TV, so they aren't loaded:

Code:
                            sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/nodvb.conf
                            Enter the following exactly
                            Code:
                            blacklist  dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
                            Save the file (ctrl-o Enter ctrl-x)

Now remove the unwanted module (they won't be loaded at boot anymore, but are still there) with:
                            Code:
                            sudo modprobe -r dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
                            Unplug your dongle, plug it back in, and try again.
                            That should fix it for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by djborec View Post
                              Anyway I could start interactive map of dump1090 with this package?
                              Yes, I liked the way my old version of dump1090 let me see a locally generated map with only the planes I am tracking displayed.
                              There are a couple of things you need to do to get this working again:

Copy the file gmap.html that came with the other version of dump1090 to the fr24 directory, and stop fr24feed:

Code:
                              sudo  cp gmap.html   /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/gmap.html
                              sudo  chown  pi:pi   /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/gmap.html
                              sudo  service fr24feed  stop
                              Now run fr24feed --signup again.

Answer the questions as you did before, but when it asks "Enter your additional dump1090 arguments" enter
                              Code:
                              --net
                              Restart fr24feed:
                              Code:
                              sudo service fr24feed restart
                              Then you can view the page at http://dump1090-server:8080
                              Last edited by roofer; 2015-12-30, 10:26. Reason: Corrected the path to gmap.html

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if the current version of fr24feed is taking data used for MLAT from port 30002/30005 of dump1090? Or does it still only support MLAT when fr24feed is starting dump1090 itself and reading from dump1090's STDOUT? As soon as I stopped fr24feed from being responsible for running dump1090 my load dropped off and my tracks per second rose dramatically... If fr24feed isn't getting MLAT data from 30002 or one of the other formats, when will it?
                                T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

Working...
                                X